Maryville at Ooltewah

On 10/13/2019 at 2:50 PM, pepvol said:

I do believe this is your best post ever on the T ! Any Maryville fan who doesn't think we're the luckiest fans in the State doesn't have a Clue . As a fan it's easy to sit there and pick apart individual plays and players ... these are kids ... still growing , still learning . Football is just a small part of Life as a teenager , learning about Life ... Girls ... cars ... friends ... learning in school , grades and thinking about their Future ... whether it be College , Military , WorkForce , or just who they want to be in life . Grown adults judging them for missing a tackle , or forgetting the play , or hesitating is totally Pathetic . I really don't want Coach T to become another Vol-quest where our supposed fans take Glee in attacking our Players , present and past , and Coaches . 

I've got some advice for anyone who thinks they're smarter than all the Coaches we currently have ... Go volunteer and help some of the Awesome Men we have in our Community who have given countless hours to help mold the young Men in our area into not only great Football Players , but also great , Quality Young men who become the Quality men in the Future to guide and influence the next generation . Coach Sentell , Winders , Hunt , both Maples and many more ... these guys make remarkable sacrifices of their time to ensure that by the time these kids get to the High School , they know all about hard work , dedication , respect , team play and unselfishness !!

Coach Quarles is a legend ... he always will be , but anyone who thinks his teams didn't make mistakes during the regular season just doesn't have a clue . All I heard before this season started was negative things ... like our Line is small ... weak ... hasn't improved ... we're gonna get killed by Alcoa ... Well guess what , that tiny , weak line dominated a much bigger Alcoa line , on both sides ... and even without our best Player and other key starters out due to injury for most of this year ... our biggest challenge so far is to not get complacent , avoid anymore key injuries , and continue to get better game to game . I remember many seasons under Coach Quarles where we were very lucky to pull out regular season wins ... Mo West ... Central and Powell many times ... Farragut in 2009 ... Derek Hunt is 2-1 against the winningest coach in Tennessee history ( Rankin ) , he already has a State Championship under his Belt ... and he has an even better Start to his coaching career than Coach Quarles  ... all before his 30th Birthday . Add to the fact that Derek Hunt is the kind of Man that you would want being an influence on any son or daughter , or Grandchild you may have ... A Christian man with amazing Character who I would want as a head Coach shaping these young men's Life , even if we never won another State Championship . 

Amen.

• Upvote 1

WELP..ALL PA GOT TO SAY IS THE ROAD TO THE PLAYOFFS IS LIKE A WATER SLIDE. BUT FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN DEFENSIVELY FROM THE TOP 3 IN OUR REGION PA THAWING OUT THE MOTHBALL SOUP EARLY!:hungry: MCMINN IS FOOLS GOLD OR WHAT?? REMAINS TO BE SEEN. DA BEARS JUST SHOWING OFF THEIR OFFENSIVE WEAPONS AND FORGOT THEY HAVE GOT TO PLAY DEFENSE TOO. DEM SANDBAGGING BLUERAIDERZ SHOULD'VE BEAT THEM BUT RELAXED IN THE 2ND HALF.  DEM OWLS JUST YOUNG AND WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR SO BRING THE JV TEAM AND SAVE THE STUDS FOR A REAL GAME:thumb: HAVE FUN..

#LOP 

#SWISSCHEEZE

• Upvote 1

Glad to hear the JV beat Catholic and the freshmen won against HVA. I realize we were to play Oak Ridge yesterday but Big Ed's must of ran low on pizza dough and Gaddis was forced to cancel. I know it has to be quiet aggravating for the coaches dealing with all these cancellations and having to dig up someone else to play. It would also be nice if whoever runs Maryville's website to mention the changes even if short notice so more fans will turn out. This isn't the year 1919 it's 2019.