Smyrna-LaVergne & Overton-Stewie

nrgrizzlies

Just when LHS looked like a playoff team, they lose to winless McGavock.  What's that all about??  McGavock was coming off a 50-3 loss.  They do have a chance at redemption vs local rival Smyrna.  Before the McGavock loss, it looked like LHS would be favored in that game.  Now, I'm not so sure.

But if LaVergne does beat Smyrna, Stewie has a good chance to virtually wrap up the #2 seed and a home playoff game vs Overton on senior night.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Just when LHS looked like a playoff team, they lose to winless McGavock.  What's that all about??  McGavock was coming off a 50-3 loss.  They do have a chance at redemption vs local rival Smyrna.  Before the McGavock loss, it looked like LHS would be favored in that game.  Now, I'm not so sure.

But if LaVergne does beat Smyrna, Stewie has a good chance to virtually wrap up the #2 seed and a home playoff game vs Overton on senior night.

It's just LaVergne being LaVergne. Being that they've only beat Smyrna once, I wouldn't expect a win for LaVergne, even against a rebuilding Smyrna team

There's not one other person who keeps up those four teams?  This thread is like a ghost town.

Let's bring in cousin Bubba-Goober from east TN to get people interested.

3800.jpg

I here tale lou-vern gots to play sue-myrna reel soon like.  Don't sleep on that there lou-vern.  but don't sleep on that there sure-myrna eether.  Meen wall down the street overtun visits stew-ee who well bee a cleer fave-rot in that there game.  There mite be a runnin' clock witch is ok bee-caws with them there high-fal-ootin digit-ul clocks eye no whut time it is.  Never did lern to tell time on won of them regular clocks wear the little fangers point at the numburs.

19 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Well Steven's is running true to form.  CHOKED again and LOST to Smyrna.

When is LaVergne going to get those young men a GOOD coach that knows the definition to the word 'Discipline'?!?!

Choked would imply they were expected to win. Dirk Ash wants somebody he can control, so as long as he's at LaVergne, they'll never come close to being a good program

23 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Just curious what everyone's problem is with Ash. I worked for him for a short time and found him to be very good. He always had high expectations and was very direct which I appreciated. So what is it that others have seen that they do not appreciate.

I heard that when he was the principal of that middle school in the "not so good" part of LaVergne, the place was so clean, you could eat off the floor while the principal of LHS was letting the high school turn into a big chaotic pile of crappola.  LHS lost a ton of football games under the previous principal... why was there not complaining over that back then?  They even had terrible seasons under Will Hester as coach and it's probably well understood that Hester knows what he's doing.

32 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Just curious what everyone's problem is with Ash. I worked for him for a short time and found him to be very good. He always had high expectations and was very direct which I appreciated. So what is it that others have seen that they do not appreciate.

If he had high expectations, Stevens would have been gone by now. No HC in Middle Tennessee does less with more

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

If he had high expectations, Stevens would have been gone by now. No HC in Middle Tennessee does less with more

It's a school that has a football team.  Not the other way around.

I heard the school board scheduled a meeting for the previous principal to discus the condition of the school and the guy didn't even bother to show up.  How many professions would he have been allowed to continue the status quo like that?  What choice did the RCS have but to replace him?  And it's not like many people were beating the door down to be principal at LHS.  

Plus, maybe if the TSSAA stopped letting private schools poach athletes from their zone, they might have a shot at keeping the next Jalen Ramsey that lives around the corner from the school.

9 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

It's a school that has a football team.  Not the other way around.

I heard the school board scheduled a meeting for the previous principal to discus the condition of the school and the guy didn't even bother to show up.  How many professions would he have been allowed to continue the status quo like that?  What choice did the RCS have but to replace him?  And it's not like many people were beating the door down to be principal at LHS.  

Plus, maybe if the TSSAA stopped letting private schools poach athletes from their zone, they might have a shot at keeping the next Jalen Ramsey that lives around the corner from the school.

Obviously it doesn't help having an absentee administration in the past, it still doesn't change the fact they've let more talent go by the wayside than just about everyone else.  They've had plenty of talent to be successful. Again, if Ash had high expectations, Stevens wouldn't be there

Show me a healthy school, you'll see a healthy football/athletic program. I've been to practice sessions in the past and it's completely lacking in any kind of energy or passion. Ask OR fans how they feel about Stanton Stevens