Meigs vs Polk

TigerNation

22 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I love the spirit of Meigs County in all their sports, from the little ones through high school. Nothing like small town pride. Meigs does it as well as anyone!
I went to the middle school championship game to see a couple of Central Middle kids play that I know. Both are starters, but one of them was dreading the game because as he said, "Meigs hits very hard and they don't quit!" I told him Meigs attitude is what makes them a good football team, and he should do the same. I was shocked how physical Meigs was for a middle school, but was disappointed in Central's players just quitting after they started out playing pretty well.  I could see the fear in them before halftime.

Man i hate to say anything about that, but your right. Those kids not to sound demeaning were kinda soft. Our kids actually really do hit hard. And you could tell Central along with a lot of other teams weren't use to it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I knew about the Meadows (Ethan?) kid getting hurt. Some think he'll be better than his big brother, but big brother is playing pretty darn good and is just a junior. Both are great kids and come from good stock.
Central fans, what can I say? :-? I didn't go to Central but attend most of their games due to family. Central does have some good fans, but many of them are just ignorant and are proud to show it in every sport. I was more disappointed in how Central's coach acted that night disputing a call. Very poor sportsmanship and pitiful example for his players in how he acted. He deserved getting ejected.

Ah man no one's thought about it past that night. It's hard to lose a game like the one they played the way they did. The shame of it is the second time we faced Sequoyah that was probably the best team we faced all year. And earlier in the season they were the worst. There was a lot of talent on that Central team. He could have utilized it better. I wish you had seen how Sequoyah played against us the second time compared to the first. That's good coaching. And great player positioning.

1 hour ago, hohmaster said:

I love the spirit of Meigs County in all their sports, from the little ones through high school. Nothing like small town pride. Meigs does it as well as anyone!
I went to the middle school championship game to see a couple of Central Middle kids play that I know. Both are starters, but one of them was dreading the game because as he said, "Meigs hits very hard and they don't quit!" I told him Meigs attitude is what makes them a good football team, and he should do the same. I was shocked how physical Meigs was for a middle school, but was disappointed in Central's players just quitting after they started out playing pretty well.  I could see the fear in them before halftime.

Appreciate the kind words! We are proud of them!

1 hour ago, hohmaster said:

You are exactly right.  I seen the same thing.  I was very disappointed in seeing that myself.  Central needs to learn that mentality.  I love Meigs attitude in all sports.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

I really enjoyed the Meigs and SP game a few weeks ago. Meigs has a good team to say the least. Good luck this week but you won’t be needing it against the Polksters. 

Appreciate it man. You all will cruise yourselves till Greenback? That your next test?

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Our defense looks great honestly. Id say we could be a little better on pass coverage than what we have been but other than that we have a great defense. Offense on the other hand and I guess I'll be the first to say it out loud has taken a step back in our passing game. If we don't get it tightened up by the playoffs the way we had to play against Trousdale last year wont be a viable option. I would say our run game is better than last year and easily. But passing which opens up the run alot of times needs attention. I know #2 has had some injuries and he is a great reciever, but we really gotta pull that together if we can within the next couple weeks. What do you folks think?

The offense is fine. Run game is great. Pass game WILL be fine once we get healthy. SP game might’ve had a different outcome if Carroll doesn’t go down on the third play of the game. Plus, it didn’t help that Aaron’s “go-to” receiver went down in the first game of the year. Carroll is the key though. Aaron likes throwing to the slot (Hyde and Judd last year) so when Carroll is healthy, the passing game will be back to how it was earlier in the year. Just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, TigerGoat said:

The offense is fine. Run game is great. Pass game WILL be fine once we get healthy. SP game might’ve had a different outcome if Carroll doesn’t go down on the third play of the game. Plus, it didn’t help that Aaron’s “go-to” receiver went down in the first game of the year. Carroll is the key though. Aaron likes throwing to the slot (Hyde and Judd last year) so when Carroll is healthy, the passing game will be back to how it was earlier in the year. Just my opinion. 

We are on the same page. Carroll is a great player and we need him healthy for a good run. But yeah, a lot of misfortune with receivers this year. I look forward to seeing it back in action.

19 hours ago, SportsNut68 said:

You are exactly right.  I seen the same thing.  I was very disappointed in seeing that myself.  Central needs to learn that mentality.  I love Meigs attitude in all sports.  

I know that Meigs, Sweetwater, Sequoyah, Tellico Plains, and Chilhowee have teachers and school personnel on staff coaching the MS players but I don't think that's the case for Central. Seemed like it was daddy ball, youth league coaches. Central had a few talented players, it's a shame they couldn't appoint any good coaches. But enough about that. Polk game will be televised on Friday Night Rivals presented by the CW. There will be links to watch online as well. Hopefully we will put on a good show. Last time we were televised it was against Sequatchie last year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TigerNation said:

I know that Meigs, Sweetwater, Sequoyah, Tellico Plains, and Chilhowee have teachers and school personnel on staff coaching the MS players but I don't think that's the case for Central. Seemed like it was daddy ball, youth league coaches. Central had a few talented players, it's a shame they couldn't appoint any good coaches. But enough about that. Polk game will be televised on Friday Night Rivals presented by the CW. There will be links to watch online as well. Hopefully we will put on a good show. Last time we were televised it was against Sequatchie last year.

I love a televised game, just wish the game would be worthy of it. Shame this couldn't have been for Oneida, Greenback, or South Pitt when we played.

• Like 1

Pretty quiet on here.....

Not sure about ya'll, but I woke up thankful today - thankful for a great football team, an outstanding group of coaches, an administration and superintendent who are supportive, a top-notch school system, and a community that cares about football. More than anything, I'm thankful for a chance to blister the Wildcats Friday night! It's great to be a Tiger!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

Pretty quiet on here.....

Not sure about ya'll, but I woke up thankful today - thankful for a great football team, an outstanding group of coaches, an administration and superintendent who are supportive, a top-notch school system, and a community that cares about football. More than anything, I'm thankful for a chance to blister the Wildcats Friday night! It's great to be a Tiger!

Looking forward to it. Although rain is gonna be a factor this week. Not in the score, but attendance probably.