Storms in Adsmsville

ReitzFan

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GbMan said:

Prayers from Greenback!! Nothing like small town living where everyone comes together!

Just up the road we here at parsons got hammered this afternoon. Was at my brother house and saw several trees get uprooted and one fell on the house. Neighbor came with a chainsaw and another guy driving by stopped by W his chainsaw. Nice to have that kind of people around. Pretty much whOle county ouT of  power though

Got some of it in Scotts Hill too... not as bad as A'ville or Parsons though. Lexington Electric (services Decatur and Henderson Counties) says that it will be days before utilities are restored. I spent the afternoon in Columbia, came back through Perryville, Parsons, Decaturville, and Scotts Hill... from what I saw, it will be months before all the debris is cleaned up.

Adamsville was hit hard. Pretty much all of McNairy County was hit hard. I havent heard of one town, city, or community that didnt get damage and most got major damage. Maybe in the Northwest part of the county missed out but not sure. But it's bad. I've never seen this much damage in such a wide area. I'm hearing lots of places in the county may not have power for 3+ days. It even goes down into Alcorn County. Major damage in Kossuth and Corinth. All of the City of Corinth was without power but about a mile stretch on 72 when I went through there tonight and I saw a lot of damage in that area.

3 minutes ago, LetMeHearYA said:

Adamsville was hit hard. Pretty much all of McNairy County was hit hard. I havent heard of one town, city, or community that didnt get damage and most got major damage. Maybe in the Northwest part of the county missed out but not sure. But it's bad. I've never seen this much damage in such a wide area. I'm hearing lots of places in the county may not have power for 3+ days. It even goes down into Alcorn County. Major damage in Kossuth and Corinth. All of the City of Corinth was without power but about a mile stretch on 72 when I went through there tonight and I saw a lot of damage in that area.

Crazy how large an area was hit without sparing anyone along the way... from the river bridge at Perryville to Reagan I only saw lights right in the center of Parsons. If not for two generators, I'd be in the dark now.

Got an "official" update. Estimates are between 6,500 and over 8,000 without power (LES), and over 100 poles broken with wires down... trees too numerable to count on lines, homes, and businesses... tens of millions in property damage, and counting. On the bright side, crews from numerous other systems are assisting LES to restore utilities.

Decatur County schools out at least until Wednesday, and Henderson County's maintenance dept. working at SHHS, SHES, and South Side Elementary to assess when they can open.

Going to be a while before things are back to normal.