LEWIS AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

I'm looking at Lewis' D:

- Gave up 21 to Summertown. A short handed Forrest helld them to 6 (2 FG)

- Gave up 14 to East Robertson (Forrest gave up 15)

- Gave up 28 to Eagleville (Forrest held them to a "garbage time" 7)

- Gave up 22 to Community (Forrest goose-egged them) 

I don't know if there is anything to see there or not. 

Forrest, outside the region, beat a pretty solid 1A team (Moore Co), an average 2A tream (East Robertson), and 2 4A teams (Lawrence, Portland), and a bad 2A team (Cascade)

Lewis beat a playoff 2A team (Riverside), the same average 2A team (East Robertson), a 3A team who beta Waverly earlier in the season (Camden), a mediocre 2A R6 team (Hickman Co), and loss to a region team (Summertown) 

Big game this Friday. Well deserving of more than one thread. :roflol:

Here's what that Main Event Man had to say:

Friday Main Event will be in Chapel Hill Tennessee as the Forrest Rockets host the Lewis County Panthers for the region five title!  The show starts at 4:30 Central Time and if you aren't able to catch it then, remember it is DVR'd so you can watch it at anytime after it airs.   I know several folks have told us they go back the following Saturday and catch the show.    Here is the lineup for this Friday:

4:30 - Watertown Head Coach Gavin Webster

4:45 -  Cane Ridge Head Coach Eddie Woods

5:00 -  Tullahoma Head Coach John Olive

5:15 - Lewis County Head Coach Bobby Sharp

We'll discuss the top 25 games across the State at 5:30 PM.  We tried to include all the games that will decide region titles and many of the ones that will directly effect playoff seeding.   Join us every week and please Subscribe to our channel if you have not yet done so  (It is free).   Here is a link to this week's LIVE stream:

Week Eleven Live Stream from the Friday Main Event

Edited by Salem

Regardless of how Sharp and Lewis seem to always make it happen when it needs to count, I’m taking Forrest in this one. It’s their year and will get it done convincingly against Lewis. I think Lewis definitely has the coaching advantage but Forrest has grown and improved each year to make a perfect season. 

The thing about Lewis Co is they have played a ton of young kids in key positions throughout the season. Some of that showed against Summertown and Eagleville. I think that LC has played the tougher non-region schedule in (in order of difficulty) Camden - had a lot of weapons, Riverside- first game with 8 starters back on defense, East Robertson - better than I thought they would be and Hickman Co.- Powerful running game and a rival game that goes back to 1921. None of these teams will finish with a losing record. In comparison to Forrest; Portland - looked like a better win at the time they played they will finish 4-6 and have lost 5 of their last 7, E. Robertson- Probably the most impressive showing for the Rockets to start the season a 25 pt win, Moore Co- 3 of their 4 actual wins were against bottom feeding teams. I would say a below average team that has about 3 players. and Cascade - As bad as I've seen beside Community. Forrest may have the end in Defense this year if you take the season as a whole, but I would give the edge to LC in offense and coaching.  

17 hours ago, ddaddy said:

The thing about Lewis Co is they have played a ton of young kids in key positions throughout the season. Some of that showed against Summertown and Eagleville. I think that LC has played the tougher non-region schedule in (in order of difficulty) Camden - had a lot of weapons, Riverside- first game with 8 starters back on defense, East Robertson - better than I thought they would be and Hickman Co.- Powerful running game and a rival game that goes back to 1921. None of these teams will finish with a losing record. In comparison to Forrest; Portland - looked like a better win at the time they played they will finish 4-6 and have lost 5 of their last 7, E. Robertson- Probably the most impressive showing for the Rockets to start the season a 25 pt win, Moore Co- 3 of their 4 actual wins were against bottom feeding teams. I would say a below average team that has about 3 players. and Cascade - As bad as I've seen beside Community. Forrest may have the end in Defense this year if you take the season as a whole, but I would give the edge to LC in offense and coaching.  

The Forrest game vs Portland is the most impressive win on either team's schedule. Portland's season started the decline in the 2nd quarter of the Trousdale game. It was a 14-7 game at the half when their QB and MVP was injured. He has since returned but the team hasn't been the same. They went on to lose that game 37-7. Before that their losses were 51-50, 35-31, and 37-22 at Forrest. They are a big, physical team that looks similar to Meigs when Mandrell is healthy.