LEWIS AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

34 minutes ago, Salem said:

The Forrest game vs Portland is the most impressive win on either team's schedule. Portland's season started the decline in the 2nd quarter of the Trousdale game. It was a 14-7 game at the half when their QB and MVP was injured. He has since returned but the team hasn't been the same. They went on to lose that game 37-7. Before that their losses were 51-50, 35-31, and 37-22 at Forrest. They are a big, physical team that looks similar to Meigs when Mandrell is healthy. 

Completely agree. I respect DD so I didnt ridicule his take. I think Forrest has played the tougher more physical teams. We also got ER first and pounded Groves there's no way he played better for Lewis than he did for us. 

We will see Friday. If Forrest doesnt have their seniors back it wont matter. 

I can see the point of Portland being the best that either has played outside the region, but I don't believe that Moore Co., Cascade or Lawrence Co. could beat Riverside or Camden. It's all splitting hairs and really gives no indication as to who has the edge in this game. I have a lot of respect for the Forrest people and will not say anything negative about them or their team. I'm just glad that it's LC and Forrest playing for the Championship and not one of the privates in CA.

In looking at the record books I was a bit surprised to see that this is only the 6th meeting between Chapel Hill/Forrest and Lewis Co. The first meeting was in the playoffs in 1979 when LC was undefeated and Forrest was 9-1. I may be mistaken, but I believe that Forrest only lost to an undefeated Huntland team that year.

6 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

I can see the point of Portland being the best that either has played outside the region, but I don't believe that Moore Co., Cascade or Lawrence Co. could beat Riverside or Camden. It's all splitting hairs and really gives no indication as to who has the edge in this game. I have a lot of respect for the Forrest people and will not say anything negative about them or their team. I'm just glad that it's LC and Forrest playing for the Championship and not one of the privates in CA.

Lawrence Co is a little better than Hickman Co and Moore Co is wildly inconsistent but on the talent level of an Eagleville. I don't know much about Camden. 

This 11/1 game has been circled on my calendar since the schedule came out. If both schools take care of business there's a chance for a rematch in a few weeks. And yes it is refreshing to not have any dawg talk on the region boards this year!

I think Lewis will score some. 

I think Lewis' D will be the story. How they handle Forrest run game for 4 quarters. I hinted earlier that perhaps they have had some vulnerabilities. 28 to Eagleville for example. Yalll dont pay attention. 

Forrest at full strength has scored 5-6 TDs a game, No matter who the opponent is. 

Forrest has had this game circled. Is that good or bad.  Has Lewis had it circled? They've won the last 2, its possible they expect to come in here and win. Why shouldnt they