LEWIS AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

6 hours ago, Salem said:

Lawrence Co is a little better than Hickman Co and Moore Co is wildly inconsistent but on the talent level of an Eagleville. I don't know much about Camden. 

This 11/1 game has been circled on my calendar since the schedule came out. If both schools take care of business there's a chance for a rematch in a few weeks. And yes it is refreshing to not have any dawg talk on the region boards this year!

Had to throw that last part in there didn't ya? 

Assuming both team's main players are able to play at close to 100%, Forrest should win comfortably. 35-14, 35-21 type game. Lewis Co has some solid 2A players but no where near the talent they have had the previous two seasons. Forrest has been forced to sit several key players for close to a month for injuries/ illness if they've recovered they should be fresh and they've been able to study Lewis Co's misdirection plays and unbalanced sets for weeks.

This season Forrest gets off to fast starts and many games have been over at halftime. Lewis County has been starting slower and then puling away in the second half. HArd to tell if that's due to coaching adjustments or they simply wear their opponents down. Statistically, the points for and against are relatively even on the season. However, FHS built up big 1st half leads on some teams and coasted while LCHS plugged along and scored some late TDs. 

East Robertson: FHS 40-15 Final. (34-7 Halftime)  LCHS - 35-14 Final   (22-13 4th Quarter)

Eagleville :          FHS 28-7 Final (21-0 Halftime)      LCHS - 36-28 Final (22-20 4th Quarter)

Loretto:               FHS    41-7 Final (35-0 Halftime)   LCHS - 37-6 Final   (15-0 Halftime)

Average Halftime score in these three games: FHS 30-2    LCHS  20-11

Season Avg (Overall) 

Forrest - Scoring: 32.89 pts per game            Allowed:  8.67 points

Lewis Co.- Scoring: 33.25 pts per game          Allowed:  16.75 points

Season Avg (Common Opponents) 

Forrest - Scoring: 30 pts per game            Allowed:  7 points

Lewis Co.- Scoring: 34.2 pts per game      Allowed:  11.60 points

Team W L Off Def W L Off. Def. Defeated, To Play
Forrest 4 0 110 20 9 0 296 78 Community, Eagleville, Loretto, Summertown, Lewis Co.
Lewis Co. 3 1 136 77 7 1 266 134 Community, Eagleville, Loretto, Forrest
Eagleville 2 2 94 79 6 3 237 169 Community, Summertown, Loretto
Summertown 2 2 65 70 5 4 161 169 Lewis Co., Loretto, Community
Loretto 1 3 84 124 3 6 170 237 Community, Eagleville
Community 0 4 45 164 1 8 97 354 Summertown

Offense  Position - Advantage

Running Backs - Forrest

Receivers - Forrest

Lineman - Even

Quarterback - Forrest (barely)

Defense Position - Advantage

Linebackers - Forrest

Defensive Backs - Forrest

Lineman - Even

Others

Depth - Lewis Co

Coaching Experience- Lewis Co. 

Team Speed - Forrest

34 minutes ago, Salem said:

Assuming both team's main players are able to play at close to 100%, Forrest should win comfortably. 35-14, 35-21 type game. Lewis Co has some solid 2A players but no where near the talent they have had the previous two seasons. Forrest has been forced to sit several key players for close to a month for injuries/ illness if they've recovered they should be fresh and they've been able to study Lewis Co's misdirection plays and unbalanced sets for weeks.

This season Forrest gets off to fast starts and many games have been over at halftime. Lewis County has been starting slower and then puling away in the second half. HArd to tell if that's due to coaching adjustments or they simply wear their opponents down. Statistically, the points for and against are relatively even on the season. However, FHS built up big 1st half leads on some teams and coasted while LCHS plugged along and scored some late TDs. 

East Robertson: FHS 40-15 Final. (34-7 Halftime)  LCHS - 35-14 Final   (22-13 4th Quarter)

Eagleville :          FHS 28-7 Final (21-0 Halftime)      LCHS - 36-28 Final (22-20 4th Quarter)

Loretto:               FHS    41-7 Final (35-0 Halftime)   LCHS - 37-6 Final   (15-0 Halftime)

Average Halftime score in these three games: FHS 30-2    LCHS  20-11

Season Avg (Overall) 

Forrest - Scoring: 32.89 pts per game            Allowed:  8.67 points

Lewis Co.- Scoring: 33.25 pts per game          Allowed:  16.75 points

Season Avg (Common Opponents) 

Forrest - Scoring: 30 pts per game            Allowed:  7 points

Lewis Co.- Scoring: 34.2 pts per game      Allowed:  11.60 points

Team W L Off Def W L Off. Def. Defeated, To Play
Forrest 4 0 110 20 9 0 296 78 Community, Eagleville, Loretto, Summertown, Lewis Co.
Lewis Co. 3 1 136 77 7 1 266 134 Community, Eagleville, Loretto, Forrest
Eagleville 2 2 94 79 6 3 237 169 Community, Summertown, Loretto
Summertown 2 2 65 70 5 4 161 169 Lewis Co., Loretto, Community
Loretto 1 3 84 124 3 6 170 237 Community, Eagleville
Community 0 4 45 164 1 8 97 354 Summertown

Offense  Position - Advantage

Running Backs - Forrest

Receivers - Forrest

Lineman - Even

Quarterback - Forrest (barely)

Defense Position - Advantage

Linebackers - Forrest

Defensive Backs - Forrest

Lineman - Even

Others

Depth - Lewis Co

Coaching Experience- Lewis Co. 

Team Speed - Forrest

On offense I would say running backs even and line Lewis Co 

Salem great post, especially the way the two teams defeated common opponents.

DD you might be right about line but i will be very surprised if Forrest is healthy and the RBs are even. Maybe tho. 

Here's the thing. The running backs don't play each other. 

I want to know these matchups on both sides

Forrest/Lewis OL vs Forrest/Lewis DL

Forrest/Lewis RB vs  Forrest/Lewis LB

Forrest/Lewis WR vs Forrest/Lewis DB

Special Teams

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Salem great post, especially the way the two teams defeated common opponents.

DD you might be right about line but i will be very surprised if Forrest is healthy and the RBs are even. Maybe tho. 

Here's the thing. The running backs don't play each other. 

I want to know these matchups on both sides

Forrest/Lewis OL vs Forrest/Lewis DL

Forrest/Lewis RB vs  Forrest/Lewis LB

Forrest/Lewis WR vs Forrest/Lewis DB

Special Teams

My opinion is that LC has an advantage on the OL they have rushed for over 300 yds in every game except the 1st. The RBs are even only if Forrest’s  best one plays. The reason why Is LC returned 2 starters with Tig starting his 3rd yr.  DL is probably even over the course of an entire because of LC quality depth. Forrest has the edge at LB and DB because If experience. All but 2 of those are Freshmen and Sophomores. WR may go to Forrest. Not sure about Special Teams, LC is serviceable there. Not sure about Forrest. It’s my belief that this will be a very physical barn burner.  

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Its amazing how CA had to start playing other schools that recruit private schools, and all of a sudden they are a .200 team  :lol:

It’s funny how when teams are loading up on players too how the tide turns. I now have no animosity towards privates and even wish CA luck if they make the Playoffs.