DII AAA Playoff Matchups

D23A

It appears McCallie leads Ensworth 14-0, though there are no announcers on this NFHS Network feed at the moment. And they just jacked the nat sound so plenty of cowbells/noise from the away side porch. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's disappointing for a state semifinal broadcast, particularly via a paid service.

MBA at MUS starts at the top of the hour. Also behind the NFHS paywall, plus MBA isn't allowed to stream video tonight. Wouldn't be an issue except the one stream per account limit, even for the same IP address. Rather off-putting, but it's this or nothing I suppose. Though at least MBA will have a radio call of the game on 94.5 FM in Nashville.

As D23A noted, it's 21-0 McCallie at the half. Could have been worse as Ensworth at one point had trouble with a fourth down snap near their own goal line, and their punter improbably managed to pick up the ball, avoid the defenders, and get a long running punt away that was downed in McCallie territory.

They had announcers at the very end of the half; they were apparently stuck in traffic. Interstate 24 to Chattanooga is a slow roll once you hit the other side of Monteagle.

MBA at MUS is underway, and they have MUS announcers on the call but you can barely hear them. Listening to the MBA announcers via Hippie Radio 94.5 but they're notably ahead of the video, which is problematic. No score late Q1 with MUS in the MBA red zone.

Ensworth converted on 4th and 15 from midfield. Tigers ball inside the McCallie 30, though the Blue Tornado remains in the lead 21-7. And now it's first and goal for Ensworth.

And right after I typed that, Keshawn Lawrence made a one-handed TD catch. The announcers are making up for lost time by shouting about everything. I know that away side porch at McCallie can get loud, but it's tough to go from loud shouting to low audio from MUS/MBA.

McCallie leads 21-14, Q3 1:48. McCallie kickoff return stopped inside their own 10. Tigers have the momentum.

MBA interception on a deflected pass, Big Red ball at MUS 45 3rd & 5, game tied 3-3 4:00 Q2.

MBA 38-yd FG try good, 6-3 Q2 0:25 to half.

McCallie just punted to Ensworth, wisely kicking out of bounds (they tempted fate earlier by actually punting to Keshawn Lawrence). Tigers with the ball down seven just on the Blue Tornado side of the 50. Quite a second-half rally by Ensworth.

No sign of McCallie star RB B.J. Harris per the announcers, not sure if something happened earlier or what the reason is. McCallie leads 21-14 early Q4.

MBA 6-3 2Q :02 to half.

McCallie interception in the end zone, another spoiler from MBA radio told me that was going to happen a good two minutes before the video. I understand the inherent demands of streaming, but there is a serious delay with these NFHS broadcasts. Q4 9:00, McCallie 2nd & 5 from own 15 yard line, still leading Ensworth 21-14.

Keshawn Lawrence left the field (hopefully just a cramp), but McCallie was punting from the back of its own end zone and another player made the return for Ensworth inside the McCallie 30.

And now Ensworth is moving again on offense. McCallie 21-14 Q4 ~7:00 but Ensworth has the ball in McCallie's red zone. 1st and 10 from the McCallie 12.