Covington (8-2) @ Melrose (6-4)

It's game day. Get your cold weather gear ready for tonight's game. I made a stop at Wal-Mart for some foot warmers to go in my shoes. I figure that with 5 or 6 layers of clothing, a couple of blankets, Hot Hands and foot warmers, I can stand the 30 degree temp. 

Now if they sell hot chocolate at the game, I'll,be in business.

Speaking of business, I believe that my Covington guys will be ready to take care of business at Melrose tonight. Having lost twice this season will have gotten their attention. Now it's a new season. Everybody is 0-0 and we have the chance to advance. It's possible that if the Chargers do advance, we might get another shot at SGC and Milan, with the possibility of avenging our regular season close losses to those teams. 

As the Phoenix in ancient lore was reputed to rise from her ashes, maybe our Chargers can rise from the ashes of an 8-2 regular season to go undefeated in post-season play and attain the fabled Gold Egg (some say Gold Ball but Egg fits this narrative better). I guess the alternative would be to "lay an egg" and we're not ready for that.

58 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

It's game day. Get your cold weather gear ready for tonight's game. I made a stop at Wal-Mart for some foot warmers to go in my shoes. I figure that with 5 or 6 layers of clothing, a couple of blankets, Hot Hands and foot warmers, I can stand the 30 degree temp. 

Now if they sell hot chocolate at the game, I'll,be in business.

Speaking of business, I believe that my Covington guys will be ready to take care of business at Melrose tonight. Having lost twice this season will have gotten their attention. Now it's a new season. Everybody is 0-0 and we have the chance to advance. It's possible that if the Chargers do advance, we might get another shot at SGC and Milan, with the possibility of avenging our regular season close losses to those teams. 

As the Phoenix in ancient lore was reputed to rise from her ashes, maybe our Chargers can rise from the ashes of an 8-2 regular season to go undefeated in post-season play and attain the fabled Gold Egg (some say Gold Ball but Egg fits this narrative better). I guess the alternative would be to "lay an egg" and we're not ready for that.

Good luck in Memphis tonight. Region 7-3A gonna represent well and lay the smack down!!!

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Good luck in Memphis tonight. Region 7-3A gonna represent well and lay the smack down!!!

Yeah, I’m watching the replay of Melrose @ Covington from last year right now. Their QB Grandberry is a senior this year and showed some talent in that game. However, near the end of the first half it was Covington 42 Melrose 0. 

I’m betting Melrose plays a lot better this year, especially since we’re at their place.

1 minute ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Yeah, I’m watching the replay of Melrose @ Covington from last year right now. Their QB Grandberry is a senior this year and showed some talent in that game. However, near the end of the first half it was Covington 42 Melrose 0. 

I’m betting Melrose plays a lot better this year, especially since we’re at their place.

Yeah but you guys will still be too much.