Westmoreland Travels to Tyner for Round 1

GBO52

22 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Took what GB052 said at face value. So I'm assuming this won't be a good game?

H20man just talking smack. Tyner is good. Not as good as they have been in the past but they are still a very good team. We are going to have to play a good game. But yes it can be a good game or it can be a bad one...

23 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Tyner will be to fast IMO. That is if their team is anywhere similar to what they have been in the past.

TC will boat race Tyner in the second round If this is remotely close.

So you just assume without knowing anything waterman?

47 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

So you just assume without knowing anything waterman?

H2O's assumptions are accurate.  Tyner is fast - #11,  #2, #13 especially fast; #32 and #3 run the ball hard,  #1 orchestrates it all as a senior QB that is quick, elusive, and has a strong arm.  #10, #5 contribute a lot on offense as well.  Lots of quick strike capability through the air or on the ground.  I may be proven wrong but I don't think we will struggle to score offensively in playoff week 1 unless we stop ourselves. The key to this game either  being a blowout for Tyner or being a close battle is if Tyner's defense can prevent Westmoreland from having long methodical drives trying to run right up the gut.  Not familiar enough with Westy to know if they have a strong passing game or mix it up a lot but I assume they will try to come right at us.  If we can stop them running - especially early - I think we will be in great shape.

H2O's other assumption - if this game is close - TC boat races Tyner - well - let's take it one game at a time and see what happens in round one first.  

Bottom line - we have a lot of really talented skill players that are seniors with a ton of experience - Batiste, Ryals, Edwards, Evans, Neal, etc.  Wish we had a few more lineman with strength and size - but maybe the ones we have along with these skilled athletes we can make some noise in the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he might have an explanation.

I’m not trying to down Westmoreland here, I’m really not ( I know they think I am), but they are not a good football team right now. ( they may of been earlier in the season)  Both you and TC  run roughly the same schemes I believe ( correct me if I’m wrong) TC did and would beat Westy by 3 plus scores... not trying.

* special note : ER ran the ball all over Westy ER is a passing team who couldn’t run on either TC or H2O and I believe held Westy to 14 points ( ER couldn’t tackle me ) 

So with all that being said, I will stick with my original statement. If you guys struggle like y’all did with ER last year against this Westy team... You will get boat raced again by TC.

Now do I think you will struggle?? The answer would be no ( I think you win by 4 TD’s) like I said earlier in this thread, but again if you struggle here , it will be a long night next Friday!

Again... I’m not dogging Westy, I’m just calling it how I see it!

PS: it’s nice how you only focused on the boat race sentence and didn’t read the rest of the post and nothing was said to stir the pot!

Edited by H2Oman

5 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I’m not trying to down Westmoreland here, I’m really not ( I know they think I am), but they are not a good football team right now. ( they may of been earlier in the season)  Both you and TC  run roughly the same schemes I believe ( correct me if I’m wrong) TC did and would beat Westy by 3 plus scores... not trying.

* special note : ER ran the ball all over Westy ER is a passing team who couldn’t run on either TC or H2O and I believe held Westy to 14 points ( ER couldn’t tackle me ) 

So with all that being said, I will stick with my original statement. If you guys struggle like y’all did with ER last year against this Westy team... You will get boat raced again by TC.

Now do I think you will struggle?? The answer would be no ( I think you win by 4 TD’s) like I said earlier in this thread, but again if you struggle here , it will be a long night next Friday!

Again... I’m not digging Westy, I’m just calling it how I see it!

PS: it’s nice how you only focused on the boat race sentence and didn’t read the rest of the post and nothing was said to stir the pot!

H20man,  if you played for aguatown 20 years ago how do you know squat about football? Yall stunk.

Edited by Mr. Postman1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

H20man,  if you played for aquatown 20 years ago how do you know sauat baout football? Yall stunk.

We did stink, but when I moved to Watertown in the eighth grade.. the coaches were just teaching the other kids how to tackle..

These kids today have all played JR Pro with each other and for the most part have it together by Junior High. That normally transitions into some good football teams with the right coaching!

* It’s funny what happens when a community / county starts  investing into their youth.

You’re right though.. we stink and would get boat raced by these H2O teams now*

Edited by H2Oman

8 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Again... I’m not digging Westy, I’m just calling it how I see it!

I just don't understand your logic. How is 35-13 score a struggle?? That's what we beat ER last year. 

I'm done and my mentality is " survive and advance"! I could care less about the margin of victory!!

• Like 1