Westmoreland Travels to Tyner for Round 1

GBO52

7 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

I just don't understand your logic. How is 35-13 score a struggle?? That's what we beat ER last year. 

I'm done and my mentality is " survive and advance"! I could care less about the margin of victory!!

If I’m right.. that game was tight all the way to the third quarter and it should not of been. I remember looking at the score and being shocked.

I would put money on TC  in week 2 If this game is not at least a 3 plus touchdown win for Tyner. 

You’re right and all that really matters is winning, but from the outside looking in ( which is what I’m doing) this game should not be close if you want to feel good about contending with TC.

Edited by H2Oman

1 minute ago, H2Oman said:

If I’m right.. that game was tight all the way to the third quarter and it should not of been. I remember looking at the score and being shocked.

I would put money on TC  in week 2 If this game is not at least a 3 plus touchdown win for Tyner. 

You’re right and all that really matters is winning, but from the outside looking in ( which is what I’m doing) this game should not be close if you want to feel good about contending with TC.

PS: I still don’t like TC and hope you guys destroy them... I’m just being honest about my thoughts!

I would put money on TC but in week 2 If this game is not at least a 3 plus touchdown win for Tyner. 

Sometimes games like that happen. We struggled with Polk last year for a half. Ended up winning 24-3 and contended with TC with the best of them. Sometimes teams just have off games. Just sucks severely when it's in the playoffs.

I would put money on TC but in week 2 If this game is not at least a 3 plus touchdown win for Tyner. 

Not even thinking about Round 2!! Been around too long and have seen too many funny things happen on field! Just need the '"W"

• Like 1

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Sometimes games like that happen. We struggled with Polk last year for a half. Ended up winning 24-3 and contended with TC with the best of them. Sometimes teams just have off games. Just sucks severely when it's in the playoffs.

I understand that, but I’m telling you ( mark my words ) If Tyner struggles here With the style of play that Westy plays ( nothing fancy.. just standard wing T running plays) It will be a tough round 2 for Tyner!

I understand that, but I’m telling you ( mark my words ) If Tyner struggles here With the style of play that Westy plays ( nothing fancy.. just standard wing T running plays) It will be a tough round 2 for Tyner!

Not disputing you either way, just meant maybe they had a bad game. 

Edited by Imthayeti

2 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Not even thinking about Round 2!! Been around too long and have seen too many funny things happen on field! Just need the '"W"

You and your kids should.. I’m a poster on Coach T and it’s fun to predict / analyze different games. I could be wrong and probably am more times than not, but again it’s just for fun!

11 hours ago, H2Oman said:

I’m not trying to down Westmoreland here, I’m really not ( I know they think I am), but they are not a good football team right now. ( they may of been earlier in the season)  Both you and TC  run roughly the same schemes I believe ( correct me if I’m wrong) TC did and would beat Westy by 3 plus scores... not trying.

* special note : ER ran the ball all over Westy ER is a passing team who couldn’t run on either TC or H2O and I believe held Westy to 14 points ( ER couldn’t tackle me ) 

So with all that being said, I will stick with my original statement. If you guys struggle like y’all did with ER last year against this Westy team... You will get boat raced again by TC.

Now do I think you will struggle?? The answer would be no ( I think you win by 4 TD’s) like I said earlier in this thread, but again if you struggle here , it will be a long night next Friday!

Again... I’m not dogging Westy, I’m just calling it how I see it!

PS: it’s nice how you only focused on the boat race sentence and didn’t read the rest of the post and nothing was said to stir the pot!

Can't argue with that lol! We played the WORST game I have seen in a long time against ER but you could also mention how we had LA (which will prolly be state champs in 4a) 7-2 at halftime as well..... Tyner is the better team and they SHOULD win but I think this is a game that we could win.

55 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Can't argue with that lol! We played the WORST game I have seen in a long time against ER but you could also mention how we had LA (which will prolly be state champs in 4a) 7-2 at halftime as well..... Tyner is the better team and they SHOULD win but I think this is a game that we could win.

Not a bad assessment really and it's an honest one. Not a homer chest thumping lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GBO52 said:

What was the final score of that LA game? I forgot.