Jefferson County High School

1OldPatriot

10 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

That is my fear. AD is a baseball guy and highly unlikeable. Principal has one foot out the door. I liked the hire of Spencer, but I question his hiring decisions. 

When my wife went to Jefferson County they were really good.  Collins boys were there then. Her brothers senior year is the year Jefferson County won it all. 

11 hours ago, HTV said:

Some parents are doing whatever they have to in this day and time to get their kids in to private schools.  Some feel like the sacrifice is worth it.  

And Lakeway is a D2 school that can offer financial aid, as well.  

I agree because my family went through the same thing. When my brother in law took a new job and had to move to Knoxville they checked into which school would have been the best fit. Although things are never perfect anywhere you look they were surprised just how bad the public system was and almost decided not to take the job until they opened the door to one of the private schools. It was a big shock for me also because I was asked to behave at the football games after all these years.

Jefferson County has the same problem we have in Blount County where people show up at the voting pole and put the same old crooks back into office. You can't expect something different if you keep doing the same ole thing. Half the people that show up to vote don't even know who is running or a thing about them and a few don't even know why their even there.

z-funny-279.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Jefferson County has the same problem we have in Blount County where people show up at the voting pole and put the same old crooks back into office. You can't expect something different if you keep doing the same ole thing. Half the people that show up to vote don't even know who is running or a thing about them and a few don't even know why their even there.

z-funny-279.jpg

I do agree on this. Jeff Co as a whole is stuck in the old mindset. Turned down a megasite with Toyota a few years back to save farms that nobody is farming. We need new leadership all over.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:28 PM, 1OldPatriot said:

Does anybody care anymore? Administration? Community? Since 2000 (Kisabeth's last year), they have made the playoffs just 8 times with only 4 wins. Missed the playoffs the last 3 years. Started 3-0 (against bad teams Sevier Co, Mo East and Mo West). No way a school with over 2400 kids can't find players to be competitive. What gives?

It took a Cocke County guy (Kisabeth) to come there and lead Jefferson County to their glory years. ;)

Is this Spencer's first year? Maybe he just needs some time to rebuild the program? He will need the support of the administration and community to be successful.

10 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Just one, Bob Jenkins. He owns a bunch of 'Yum" brand fast food stores. He has a couple of Nascar teams. He stroked a check upwards of $40 million to get the school started and built.

I knew Bob was heavily involved but wasn't aware he was that involved. What ties does he have to that area to do this?

7 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Is this Spencer's first year? Maybe he just needs some time to rebuild the program? He will need the support of the administration and community to be successful.

Pretty sure this is his fourth year as the head coach at Jeff Co.  He was there in 2016 when I worked the Maryville at JeffCo game, and if memory serves that was his first year back there.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HTV said:

Pretty sure this is his fourth year as the head coach at Jeff Co.  He was there in 2016 when I worked the Maryville at JeffCo game, and if memory serves that was his first year back there.  

Your correct on this HTV. Keep doing those crossword puzzles since your not broadcasting anymore to keep your mind fresh.