HOUSTON CO VS EAGLEVILLE

HCalumnia11

7 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

If I were Houston Co Id watch film of the Mt Pleasant Eagleville game. That one is still a head scratcher 

Here’s my 2 cents on what happened. Anyone else who was there can disagree but here’s my take. First, Mt Pleasant has a distinct size advantage on the line. Second, we only played 5 linemen that night both ways, so by the 4th they were wore slap out. 14 of their 24 pts came in the last 8 minutes when they would get 4-5-6 yards every carry. They ran it down our throats there at the end. Maybe it wouldn’t have made a difference, but had some 2nd stringers been subbed in here and there during the midpoint of the game, maybe those 5 might not have been so gassed and could have been able to stop em. Very even game for 3 quarters.

13 hours ago, EHSEagles said:

Here’s my 2 cents on what happened. Anyone else who was there can disagree but here’s my take. First, Mt Pleasant has a distinct size advantage on the line. Second, we only played 5 linemen that night both ways, so by the 4th they were wore slap out. 14 of their 24 pts came in the last 8 minutes when they would get 4-5-6 yards every carry. They ran it down our throats there at the end. Maybe it wouldn’t have made a difference, but had some 2nd stringers been subbed in here and there during the midpoint of the game, maybe those 5 might not have been so gassed and could have been able to stop em. Very even game for 3 quarters.

I'll buy that. Get it done tonight 

• Like 1

This HC team kind of reminds me of the old Larry Shanks teams of the 70's with the exception of the big bruising backs that they had back then. Very discipline, hard-nosed and well coached. The Coach at Houston Co. has got to be given a big thumps up from his work at HC. It's my understanding that he's a local guy and that makes it even better.

• Upvote 1