McEwen Vs Mt.Pleasant

Orangecountry

17 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

What happened against Cornersville. 

Cville player lights out for one

but MTP also had three starters out (Hurt during the Fville game the week before) which effects both sides of the ball. 2 of those guys were about 90% of the offense and defense production but #40 got his chance and after a couple weeks became a big weapon and a major part of the offense. 

10 minutes ago, junglefan said:

Cville player lights out for one

but MTP also had three starters out (Hurt during the Fville game the week before) which effects both sides of the ball. 2 of those guys were about 90% of the offense and defense production but #40 got his chance and after a couple weeks became a big weapon and a major part of the offense. 

I feel like that was one of my son's best games of the year. Definitely top three if not his best. He came to play that night.

40 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

I feel like that was one of my son's best games of the year. Definitely top three if not his best. He came to play that night.

That’s the best part of high school football. Any team can have a off night. I was surprised y’all lost to community. This weeks playoff football. Everyone tackle better and runs a little faster knowing it could be the last game for the year and last game ever for some seniors. 

1 hour ago, junglefan said:

i agree, yall came to play... the way cville played that night, we probably would have lost with the two missing guys.

1 hour ago, Orangecountry said:

That’s the best part of high school football. Any team can have a off night. I was surprised y’all lost to community. This weeks playoff football. Everyone tackle better and runs a little faster knowing it could be the last game for the year and last game ever for some seniors. 

I say my son, which he had a great individual effort, but to both of your points, the whole team played great. I should have said that to begin with as well.

1 minute ago, GeneralForrest said:

the 2A R6 folks are claiming McEwen would have a winning record in R5 2A. if they cant win this game, then that is FALSE

McEwen played 9-1 2A Houston Co to a one score game. Then beat the region 6 2A champion later in the year.  

They are no cupcake. I'm gonna have to agree with that. 

7 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

McEwen played 9-1 2A Houston Co to a one score game. Then beat the region 6 2A champion later in the year.  

They are no cupcake. I'm gonna have to agree with that. 

McEwen should only have 1 loss. The first two games they were up 14 and turnovers cost them. They hung with Huntington a little while but once they went down a few scores they had to start trying to pass and it was over.