Richland @ Huntingdon 1st round

Waker

2 minutes ago, footballover said:

Bruceton is fair if they play their very best game. Huntland should roll 

Collinwood has no speed.  Cornersville should roll

McEwen hit us in the mouth the 1st quarter and we didn't like it. We woke up the 2nd quarter and played ball. I will say they are scrappy and play till the whistle and after. Hate to say the Mustangs are looking ahead but to say payback is in order for the Corndogs would be an understatement....

You may be correct. We are not the same CV as the last two seasons. Too much Jekyl and Hyde. I am saying this as a parent of a Senior on the team. They have to put all of the regular season mistakes behind them and focus on fundamentally sound football. Just like every other team in the playoffs, all 0-0 with a chance to go 5-0.  I don't want to look past the first round though. Collinwood on deck. Hopefully get to make the trip back to Huntingdon, even though I would rather have it at home with our short goal posts.

6 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

You won't see many Mustang fans talk bad about Cornersville. Lots of respect for the Bulldogs over here

Don't get me wrong. Waitstaff very personable and friendly. Food was delicious. It was game day and the rematch. Just caught some sideways glances as we walked in and while we were waiting. 

4 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

You may be correct. We are not the same CV as the last two seasons. Too much Jekyl and Hyde. I am saying this as a parent of a Senior on the team. They have to put all of the regular season mistakes behind them and focus on fundamentally sound football. Just like every other team in the playoffs, all 0-0 with a chance to go 5-0.  I don't want to look past the first round though. Collinwood on deck. Hopefully get to make the trip back to Huntingdon, even though I would rather have it at home with our short goal posts.

Nothing but respect for yalls program. This is a special group from Huntingdon. 17 seniors just like the big group yall had last year. It will be another war I'm sure. See ya in 2 weeks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, footballover said:

@Jobres76What about the 2 studs from a year or 2 ago are they playing in college? Pretty sure your offense hasn't changed just like ours hasn't so I know what to expect from Cornersville. What about Huntland? What's the scouting report on them?

Eli Woodard(22) is at Tennessee Tech. Huntland is a well coached team that is fairly physical. Very deceptive on offense with a speedster in #6, a bruiser in #4. Don't throw much. I think they attempted 4 passes against us. Defensively I can't remember what they run, but disciplined.

20 hours ago, footballover said:

Round 1 Richland @Huntingdon

Round 2 Cornersville @Huntingdon

Round 3 McEwen @Huntingdon

Round 4 Lake Co @Huntingdon

Round 5 Huntingdon defeats South Pittsburg 42-41 to win its 2nd State Championship 

You heard it here 1st!

PRINT THE SHIRTS!

18 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

R5 is fairly evenly paired as evidenced by the records of the teams. There is definitely some jekyl and hyde in the teams this season, but with everything being set now, I think the best is yet to come. Richland is a good team with size and speed, but still young. I doubt they give Huntingdon much of a challenge in the end, but could be tight for the 1st quarter or so. Huntland should take out Bruceton in possibly a similar type game. I think both 2 and 3 games will be very close. I don't know much about Collinwood, but they are in the playoffs, so Cornersville better be ready. Last time they played was three years ago at Collinwood with them winning I think 8-6. MP against Mcewen should be a good game. MP is fairly physical and if they can play together as a team could be dangerous. McEwen appears to be the same way, but don't know much about them. 

Huntland has solid linebacking core,  and a scrappy defensive line with not much size. If healthy the 1-2 punch of #6 and #4 is tough to handle especially when they go to the wildcat look. I strongly agree with Jobres on the Jekyl & Hyde thought for R5. Would shock me to see them take over this part of the bracket (aside from huntingdon) nor would it shock me to see them fizzle out to early.

I think it will be a rematch of Mt P and Huntland in the second round, and hoping Cornersville can put together their best game for Huntingdon.

Regardless, Cville and Huntland walk away with big first round wins.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, footballover said:

Round 1 Richland @Huntingdon

Round 2 Cornersville @Huntingdon

Round 3 McEwen @Huntingdon

Round 4 Lake Co @Huntingdon

Round 5 Huntingdon defeats South Pittsburg 42-41 to win its 2nd State Championship 

You heard it here 1st!

PRINT THE SHIRTS!

Yeah, go ahead, print the shirts.  West TN needs a new supply of shop rags.

2 hours ago, Foolsball101 said:

Huntland has solid linebacking core,  and a scrappy defensive line with not much size. If healthy the 1-2 punch of #6 and #4 is tough to handle especially when they go to the wildcat look. I strongly agree with Jobres on the Jekyl & Hyde thought for R5. Would shock me to see them take over this part of the bracket (aside from huntingdon) nor would it shock me to see them fizzle out to early.

I think it will be a rematch of Mt P and Huntland in the second round, and hoping Cornersville can put together their best game for Huntingdon.

Regardless, Cville and Huntland walk away with big first round wins.

Do not sleep on McEwen.