Cornersville @ Huntingdon

footballover

I have a reliable source that has told me the following (and Huntingdon fans I will give you the chance to confirm):

Huntingdon has reached out to a prominent “sign maker” in West Tennessee to have a banner made that says “Beat Cornersville in 2019” and hang it under their scoreboard.

i don’t really believe that but is that true? If so, that’s a black eye for the Huntingdon football program with as much tradition as they have.

4 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

Mustank fans will not admit this on the T, but they know the void from the past 2 years was not filled tonight. Say what you want, but we all know the truth.

When we were at equal strength, you could not beat us. At our place. At your place. On a plane. On a train.

Little Cornersville who has no tradition, has an upper hand on Huntingdon. You hate to see it.

Were Mustang fans disappointed the last 2 years?  Yep

However, Cornersville was not the first nor will they be the last to end the Mustang's season before the fans or players are ready for it.

The reason for that is that Huntingdon's tradition runs deep.  Cornersville tradition is a little trickle.  Keep it up for at least a decade and then we will have a different conversation.

Stay relevant and don't fall into obscurity then you will have a leg to stand on.

Bye Felicia

Just now, cornerback10 said:

Stuff it like we did Pearson and Endsley the past 2 years?

Congrats on tonight but you and I both know their is still a void in your little high school football heart that you’ll never be able to fill.

Your absolutely right, this year by no means makes up for the last two years. Nobody should be gloating over this win it was just what was expected to happen. 

2 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Were Mustang fans disappointed the last 2 years?  Yep

However, Cornersville was not the first nor will they be the last to end the Mustang's season before the fans or players are ready for it.

The reason for that is that Huntingdon's tradition runs deep.  Cornersville tradition is a little trickle.  Keep it up for at least a decade and then we will have a different conversation.

Stay relevant and don't fall into obscurity then you will have a leg to stand on.

Bye Felicia

You just played yourself.

A program that doesn’t have an ounce of tradition that Huntingdon does, still leads the series 2-1. 

Btw, Lake County will have the Huntingdon positional coaches performing the Heimlich Maneuver on Swanson this year. Take that to the bank and tell them CB10 sent ya. They know my money is good.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cornerback10 said:

A program that doesn’t have an ounce of tradition that Huntingdon does, still leads the series 2-1. 

Btw, Lake County will have the Huntingdon positional coaches performing the Heimlich Maneuver on Swanson this year. Take that to the bank and tell them CB10 sent ya. They know my money is good.

Truth 

Just now, Mustang1969 said:

Your absolutely right, this year by no means makes up for the last two years. Nobody should be gloating over this win it was just what was expected to happen. 

*you’re

and exactly. Huntingdon will have another year of being Cornersville’s little brother. I’m not trying to argue but I’m just stating facts.

1 minute ago, cornerback10 said:

I’ll expect to see you on that thread now hush and go to bed. Whether any of your fanboys will admit it or not your really embarrassing yourself now.

• Upvote 1

Just now, cornerback10 said:

Two years of relevance a tradition does not make.

Cornersville is just a bleep in Huntingdon's tradition.  Cornersville can bask in the glory of beating Huntingdon 2 years in a row.  Hopefully, Cornersville can keep it up.  There needs to be more good teams in the state.

Obviously Cornersville is not one of them this year.

Bye Felica

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mustang1969 said:

I’ll expect to see you on that thread now hush and go to bed. Whether any of your fanboys will admit it or not your really embarrassing yourself now.

You’re right. I feel so embarrassed right now. I promise to quit posting until Huntingdon evens the series. 

See you guys in 2037!

• CoachT locked this topic