South Greene @ Meigs County - Rd 2

MarsBlackmon

No doubt that Meigs is a 2a powerhouse and they have earned it. Hats off to them for their success.

Again, everyone is expecting Meigs to win; and if they do, then ole well, everyone moves on and it’s nothing new; the respect remains. However, I believe the 10-1, non perennial SG has the potential to pull off the upset against the perennial powerhouse. Will it happen?  Why not, upsets happen from time to time. Good luck to both teams!  Congrats to both teams for an awesome season.  I’ll be back on here Friday with my final score prediction, and then after the game to congratulate the winner.  Later yall and hope everyone has a great week.  

Edited by Romansfive8

2 hours ago, RunnerUp said:

Channel 3 news reported tonight that Swafford is fine and is expected to rush for 250 this Friday.

Lol nice. I would say our % of winning has went up some. 250 is alot though.  I bet he doesn't get that many, he will be pulled if we have a decent lead and wont have the chance. Now if they put up a good fight there's a good chance he might. He will need to play 4 qtrs to do it.

Edited by Imthayeti

16 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Lol nice. I would say our % of winning has went up some. 250 is alot though.  I bet he doesn't get that many, he will be pulled if we have a decent lead and wont have the chance. Now if they put up a good fight there's a good chance he might. He will need to play 4 qtrs to do it.

Pillow fight!Game will be over in 3 if not sooner if the Navy commit starts.

1 minute ago, Jim1972 said:

Pillow fight!Game will be over in 3 if not sooner if the Navy commit starts.

You could be accurate in your assessment. The news of him playing is good to hear on our end. Not sure how our opponent will feel about it.

Edited by Imthayeti

Swafford healthy is a good thing though I believe our backup is really talented also. Friday night threw a. Beautiful deep ball that was dropped and ran a TD. Just heard that this was also game of the week in Chattanooga area. Hopefully that won’t have our boys too nervous. On the other hand maybe with all the cameras the referees will try to call a good game.... hope we don’t have the same crew as last week.  SG fans bring lots of $$. Spend it in Decatur. Good places to eat Dixon’s BBQ, Decatur Diner and LaHacienda all within 1/2 mile of stadium.  Is anyone serving pregame?  Also maybe we’ll have the music turned up loud. Welcome to Meigs County. 

10 hours ago, EastTNSportsFan1 said:

A game that may be closer than many expect. One thing is for sure, this will be a physical football game in great football weather. No better time of the year. No pick here yet....we will see come Friday.

You need to put UPPER in front of your screen name if you think one of those teams will beat Decatur's finest.lmao!

1 minute ago, Turu said:

Swafford healthy is a good thing though I believe our backup is really talented also. Friday night threw a. Beautiful deep ball that was dropped and ran a TD. Just heard that this was also game of the week in Chattanooga area. Hopefully that won’t have our boys too nervous. On the other hand maybe with all the cameras the referees will try to call a good game.... hope we don’t have the same crew as last week.  SG fans bring lots of $$. Spend it in Decatur. Good places to eat Dixon’s BBQ, Decatur Diner and LaHacienda all within 1/2 mile of stadium.  Is anyone serving pregame?  Also maybe we’ll have the music turned up loud. Welcome to Meigs County. 

Send them home hungry and devastated!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Turu said:

That mean it will be televised or just filmed for highlights?