South Greene @ Meigs County - Rd 2

MarsBlackmon

1 minute ago, Romansfive8 said:

I am Greeneville Greene Devil, but I am also pulling for the Rebels.  I’ll pull for North East TN, then East TN second.  I enjoy HS football general and really enjoy the playoffs.  

Just now, hohmaster said:

I'm a McMinn Central follower because of family connections, but have seen Meigs play a few times this year.

Thanks. Was just curious where allegiances lie. :grin: alot of Greeneville fans posting for South Greene. That's pretty good, but I still wish more of their own guys would get on there.

55 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Good luck to Meigs County again this week. I really enjoyed watching your team and specifically your QB at SP this season. He’s one heckuva player. Y’all have a real chance to make it to Cookeville. 

Thank you for the compliment. Hoping we can fill that trophy case. Good luck to you as well. If we can make the run I believe our games with SP and GB are going to have made a big impact. I don’t believe we will face a defense, speed or run game like SP or a pass offense like GB. Hats off to Oneida as well. Fierce competitors. Now if S Green is as tough as SP — ouch. 

3 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I'm a McMinn Central follower because of family connections, but have seen Meigs play a few times this year.

Méigs is a great football team.  The Swafford Kid is really special.  It’s a tall task for SG, but they have some special guys as well and they are a physical team.  I think the game will be much closer this time than it has been the past couple of times.  

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Thanks. Was just curious where allegiances lie. :grin: alot of Greeneville fans posting for South Greene. That's pretty good, but I still wish more of their own guys would get on there.

I'm envious of most of the sports programs that Meigs has, starting with the young kids all the way through high school. Be proud of what you've got, they do it right there! 

1 hour ago, Central4218 said:

Hey Yeti, sorry to interrupt your discussion with the SG folks and I know this is a bit off subject but how many seniors besides Swafford do you guys have?  I understand your JV and Middle programs are on point but just wandering how many seniors you are losing. 

20+ maybe around 23 or 24. 6 starters on defense and 5 starters on offense, plus a lot of special teamers and depth.

1 minute ago, Romansfive8 said:

Méigs is a great football team.  The Swafford Kid is really special.  It’s a tall task for SG, but they have some special guys as well and they are a physical team.  I think the game will be much closer this time than it has been the past couple of times.  

Coach Fitzgerald has done a tremendous job at Meigs. He turned down some profitable offers after last season at some big name schools because of his love and commitment to Meigs. Attending a football or basketball or softball game at Meigs is unreal, the entire town turns out to support their Tigers.
SG obviously has some talent to go 10-1. Both teams should look forward to the challenge, because anything can happen when they hit the field.

7 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I'm envious of most of the sports programs that Meigs has, starting with the young kids all the way through high school. Be proud of what you've got, they do it right there! 

They have definitely set themselves up to have good teams for years to come it seems. Thanks for the compliment.

1 hour ago, Pirate2003 said:

Good luck to Meigs County again this week. I really enjoyed watching your team and specifically your QB at SP this season. He’s one heckuva player. Y’all have a real chance to make it to Cookeville. 

Appreciate it man, your team is very talented the semis will be a great game with yall and Greenback. Love to see it, but hope my teams still playing to be able to miss it.

8 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

20+ maybe around 23 or 24. 6 starters on defense and 5 starters on offense, plus a lot of special teamers and depth.

Next year will be a rebuilding one for Meigs, but they have quite a bit of talent coming up. I hope coach Fitzgerald stays there but I know the offers and dollars will come his way again.

1 minute ago, hohmaster said:

Next year will be a rebuilding one for Meigs, but they have quite a bit of talent coming up. I hope coach Fitzgerald stays there but I know the offers and dollars will come his way again.

I definitely believe we will still be able to contend for the region title honestly. Our backup QB I'd a sophomore and really good also our Rb this year is a junior. So there's that. The future is bright for us.