Four class basketball

Indian

All Memphis schools should be made to play in the highest classification due to the number of kids that just show up at a different school and T$$AA just allows them to play. You’ve got kids in Memphis playing for 3-5 different high schools. It’s ridiculous so I say just put Memphis in 4A and then separate the rest according to size. 

10 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

I think it's time to figure out a way to cut out 81 students.....

Be careful what you wish for. GC's road to Murfreesboro could be easier in 2A of four. Most of the best girls programs in the West will either remain A or be in a new 3A based on projections. Westview & Union City would be likely district mates and might be only challengers to state. Once there, Loretto & Summertown would still be around along with Meigs Co. & South Greene. Not many powerhouses expected statewide either.

17 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Be careful what you wish for. GC's road to Murfreesboro could be easier in 2A of four. Most of the best girls programs in the West will either remain A or be in a new 3A based on projections. Westview & Union City would be likely district mates and might be only challengers to state. Once there, Loretto & Summertown would still be around along with Meigs Co. & South Greene. Not many powerhouses expected statewide either.

GC has a game changer coming up along with lots of others in Jr. High. They just had two middle schools play each other in the Blue Suede which included blow out wins over Greenfield, TCA, Hardin County and Perry County. GC is going to be in real good shape for a while. PG had 35 points 12 rebounds and 7 blocked shots in the championship game and we have a freshman now that has superstar written all over her that is getting her chance now. May not matter what class they are in but Greenfield, Gleason and Dresden know what we have coming in and will be joyed for the bump if we get it. 

Edited by pioneer42

8 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Interesting..... 4 classes of basketball in Tennessee does seem a bit too much to me, but I understand it gives more teams an opportunity to get there. I would be interested in seeing how they did the state tournament. If I remember right, I was told that the games would begin on Tuesday instead of Wednesday?

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

Interesting..... 4 classes of basketball in Tennessee does seem a bit too much to me, but I understand it gives more teams an opportunity to get there. I would be interested in seeing how they did the state tournament. If I remember right, I was told that the games would begin on Tuesday instead of Wednesday?

Not sure what the format may be if approved. 7 additional games would require starting on Tuesday. They last did that when Division 2 played the same week.