1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

12 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

If a kid is working out with coaches and players before enrolling that is considered illegal kinfolk. That’s called recruiting. How it was overlooked is anyone’s guess but several schools have gotten wins taken away and player ruled ineligible for much less. Maybe he just showed up at a camp and it wasn’t pre planned idk. It’s obvious there were discussions prior to the move and kids are not supposed to be allowed to transfer for athletic purposes. None of this matters of course and GB will continue to plead innocence until proven guilty. That’s fine but it’s also why so many people in the surrounding area of Knoxville hate you guys. Having said all that I still think even with Carnes the Pirates can pull the upset if they don’t turn it over and beat you guys tomorrow night. I’m just keeping it real 

Are you from the Knoxville area?

6 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

According to most on here it would be kinfolk. It comes down to this to me. Both teams have great offenses that are tough to stop but there is no comparison between the defenses in my opinion. I don’t want to call out positions etc but the SP defense is much faster getting to the ball than GB and SP up front wore down Meigs up front which is something GB could not do. Of course my take is based on the few games I’ve seen and also based on both teams not turning it over etc. Unfortunately that’s not typical of most football games so of course whoever gets the breaks and takes advantage will come out on top. It should be a great game! Unfortunately I will be at the Alcoa and Loudon game but will be on stand by to hear how this one plays out. I’m just keeping it real

+1

7 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Thanks again to everyone who offered to help me and PirateMike our tomorrow night. Unfortunately, due to some setbacks during surgery he was not able to leave the hospital and will sadly NOT be in attendance at the game. His heart is huge and his love for the Pirates will still be heard many miles away. I will be at the game and doing anything I can to keep him updated and sharing some of the highlights with him. Keep him and his recovery in your prayers.  Go Pirates!

Sure will. I hope everything goes well with him. 

3 minutes ago, WarChant said:

Lol only people that hate greenback is U and SP lol oh can’t leave out OS. You’re a joke 

Lol your clueless kinfolk! I’m from Knoxville. Loudon claims y’all came after their RB before the season as well and don’t respect you a bit. I could add more gossip to this thread but my comment isn’t about trying to fix stupid it’s about a game tomorrow night. You keep telling yourself that other programs and communities don’t have a distaste for Greenback. Goes to show how small town you guys are. I’m just keeping it real 

3 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

Your right. We beat the defending state champs  and possibly the 2A state champs. Ya couldn't even beat meigs with all these d1 recruits.

When greenback has the history and winnings of a school like sp and a coach like grider then you can talk some smack until then Ryan better stick around for many of years to rack up them wins.

Greenback has 5 straight trips to the semifinals.... :mrgreen: nobody else in 1a done that not even your prized program 

7 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

Your right. We beat the defending state champs  and possibly the 2A state champs. Ya couldn't even beat meigs with all these d1 recruits.

When greenback has the history and winnings of a school like sp and a coach like grider then you can talk some smack until then Ryan better stick around for many of years to rack up them wins.

Go check before you say anymore young’un. 

Whitwell really?????! Injured reserve meigs team come on you can do better. 

9 minutes ago, Makinplays said:

Will do. The tallent pool has significantly improved over the last 30 years in the area. Actually would love to SP schedule some of the area teams. I realize it would be a ways to travel for home or away, but that would awesome to see.

If I recall correctly they used to be in same district. If and when Trousdale comes back to 1A and it goes back to 5 classes they might be once again. Now both of those things would make 1A tough. Alcoa also did 2A a favor by staying in 3A last time. Would’ve been some slaughtering occurrences had they not stayed 3A. I’m just keeping it real