1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

3 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Yeah it’s pretty horrible like it sets now. I thought last year in 1A it was as bad as it’s been besides maybe when Coalfield went in 14 or 15? Greenback last year was head and shoulders above everyone in 1A prior to RB leaving then injuries. I thought Whitwell was just a pretty good team but wasn’t anything special. I didn’t think much of SP last year either. This year at least there is 2 good teams on east side but after that it’s terrible. Trousdale will be back in 1A and since I’ve moved to Hamilton County I’m told Tyners enrollment keeps dropping and could also be 1A if it goes back to 5 classes. We all know it likely won’t because it’s about making money but it would make for some great competition. I’m just keeping it real

The thing about most 1A programs they’re in remote areas and lack adequate youth/middle school programs. Some are fortunate to be closer to more populated areas which helps but are obviously no match for larger schools. Point in case, not sure what happened to GB in the match up with Loudon, but they put it on Lenoir City according to the box score, and LC played Loudon a little closer. I do realize that’s a great rivalry game though.

6 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

Why doesn't greenback upgrade their stadium up? The visitors bleachers are smaller than my living room

I really wish they would but loudon doesn’t like to fund greenback... case in point the boys won 2019 baseball state championship and loudon school board told the boys they needed to buy there own rings smh 

5 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Just a matter of opinion. I think the kid is an elite talent myself. 

Has great ball skills no doubt. If he got better with his acceleration off the ball and coming in and out of breaks I think he could do well at a power 5 conference. He isn’t there yet imo and is a tweener but with his size somebody will likely give him a shot, redshirt him and develop him for a couple years. It’s all about work ethic at that level which is why I’m not a fan of crowning a kid playing at the 1A level. Just a massive difference in competition. I’m just keeping it real

5 minutes ago, WarChant said:

I really wish they would but loudon doesn’t like to fund greenback... case in point the boys won 2019 baseball state championship and loudon school board told the boys they needed to buy there own rings smh 

Wow! Wait a minute kinfolk! Lol I thought you said only me and SP people hated you guys? I’m just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums

1 minute ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Has great ball skills no doubt. If he got better with his acceleration off the ball and coming in and out of breaks I think he could do well at a power 5 conference. He isn’t there yet imo and is a tweener but with his size somebody will likely give him a shot, redshirt him and develop him for a couple years. It’s all about work ethic at that level which is why I’m not a fan of crowning a kid playing at the 1A level. Just a massive difference in competition. I’m just keeping it real

With some bulking up might make a really good TE.