1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

2 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Best chance Loudon will ever have or will have as long as Rankin has that machine rolling. It mirrors SP vs GB as far as run vs pass. Loudon can sling it but boy Alcoa is just plain nasty up front. My money would be on Alcoa but it would be great for the Loudon program to take down Goliath. You never know. That’s why they play the game. I’m just keeping it real

Alcoa is not as good as last year IMO but still pretty dadgum good. I would like to see Loudon take this one as well. They can not make the mistakes they’ve made lately though, which will be hard to accomplish at Alcoa. Loudon hasn’t been hit like they will tomorrow night.

Just now, Makinplays said:

Alcoa is not as good as last year IMO but still pretty dadgum good. I would like to see Loudon take this one as well. They can not make the mistakes they’ve made lately though, which will be hard to accomplish at Alcoa. Loudon hasn’t been hit like they will tomorrow night.

I agree, Alcoa played toe to toe with maryville until they ran out of gas. 

31 minutes ago, Makinplays said:

How many potential D1 prospects are on the SP team? 

ZERO.. we play with tough hard nosed football players. We aren’t blessed with D1 kids. We have had 1 in 20 years. 

30 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

It wouldn’t be an upset if the pirates won. They’re ranked above us smh. 

Keep telling yourself that.. rankings by a bunch of goof ball sportswriters. Half of which probably never played the game. All your D1 athletes make you the favorite at home in my opinion. 

29 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

I hope they get a first hand experience tomorrow night!

That 6”4 215 pound stud you got is doing what he should do in small school football. Dominate the competition. He’s an elite talent. Greenback is lucky to have several D1 players on the same team. Like I said above.. we’ve had 1 total in 20 years. 

6 minutes ago, WarChant said:

:roflolk: but ya don’t ...as much tallent in Your town yeah you should....but ya don’t 

Negative. We so not have any size. The raulaton boy last year signed a baseball a chilly. Back in 08 we have many and many kids go d2. Our team now just doesn't have the size. Just a really well coached team that has a cake walk until we meet you 1A giants.

1 minute ago, Pirate2003 said:

ZERO.. we play with tough hard nosed football players. We aren’t blessed with D1 kids. We have had 1 in 20 years. 

Keep telling yourself that.. rankings by a bunch of goof ball sportswriters. Half of which probably never played the game. All your D1 athletes make you the favorite at home in my opinion. 

That 6”4 215 pound stud you got is doing what he should do in small school football. Dominate the competition. He’s an elite talent. Greenback is lucky to have several D1 players on the same team. Like I said above.. we’ve had 1 total in 20 years. 

SP has had and has some good athletes come through the program. D1 or not they are solid ball players. 

33 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Thanks again to everyone who offered to help me and PirateMike our tomorrow night. Unfortunately, due to some setbacks during surgery he was not able to leave the hospital and will sadly NOT be in attendance at the game. His heart is huge and his love for the Pirates will still be heard many miles away. I will be at the game and doing anything I can to keep him updated and sharing some of the highlights with him. Keep him and his recovery in your prayers.  Go Pirates!

I hate to hear that we will be praying for him.  

4 minutes ago, Makinplays said:

I agree, Alcoa/Rankin have significantly improved the school, facilities, etc they could move on up in few years. Trousdale moving back to 1A is interesting but would make it more competitive. 

Yeah it’s pretty horrible like it sets now. I thought last year in 1A it was as bad as it’s been besides maybe when Coalfield went in 14 or 15? Greenback last year was head and shoulders above everyone in 1A prior to RB leaving then injuries. I thought Whitwell was just a pretty good team but wasn’t anything special. I didn’t think much of SP last year either. This year at least there is 2 good teams on east side but after that it’s terrible. Trousdale will be back in 1A and since I’ve moved to Hamilton County I’m told Tyners enrollment keeps dropping and could also be 1A if it goes back to 5 classes. We all know it likely won’t because it’s about making money but it would make for some great competition. I’m just keeping it real