1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

Just now, cherokee23 said:

Another thing for us is we need to excel in the kicking game this week. Too many times we blooped the ball on kickoff very short and our coverage wasn't great. If we can make LC go 70-80 yards most drives, our defense will bow their back. It made it hard on us when SP had the ball starting out on our own 40 yd line. 

Doubt you will kick much. Also doubt they have the kick returners  SP had.

1 hour ago, Mustang1969 said:

Boys I don’t know anything about Greenback other than the talk on here but I do know that Lake County’s best chance is to ground and pound the ball and keep the Greenback offense on the bench.  Huntingdon had success throwing the ball out of the wing t in the first half and for whatever reasons I don’t think we even ran a play out of that formation in the 2nd half. So Greenback will move the ball via the pass. Can’t score if you don’t have the ball however. I don’t expect Greenback to let LC score nearly as fast as we did just by playing a sound defensive philosophy (I.e. no safety help-ever) Snyder is a haus. 3-4 yds and a cloud of dust and LC can control the clock and the game. He can’t be cocky and make mistakes like going on own 24 yd line like he did against my team. I feel real good about LC chances. Should be a heck of a game. JMO.

No disrespect to Greenback but I believe y'alls defense is better than theirs.  But that's just from watching film on them and seeing y'all in person. 

1 minute ago, cherokee23 said:

Who is we? Earlier you were referring to LC as "theirs" and now you say "we"? 

Meaning our team (LC). Nothing more than that sir.  I'm a LC guy that just loves his football and loves these young men.  As I'm sure you do.  I love your tag even lol. 23 is a very special number in my book.  Mean no bad by anything I post I assure you that.  Nothing but respect from here.  Theirs no doubt y'all are a great team.  I just think we (LC) may be a tad bit more physical.  Good luck to the Cherokees!

1 minute ago, Forever23 said:

Meaning our team (LC). Nothing more than that sir.  I'm a LC guy that just loves his football and loves these young men.  As I'm sure you do.  I love your tag even lol. 23 is a very special number in my book.  Mean no bad by anything I post I assure you that.  Nothing but respect from here.  Theirs no doubt y'all are a great team.  I just think we (LC) may be a tad bit more physical.  Good luck to the Cherokees!

No disrespect here either. I was just confused as to what team you were a fan of. 

• CoachT locked this topic