2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

12 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Finally a reasonable post, your right on that pick 6 last week at Riverside they were full gear on Coop, but they never rushed like that again.. not saying you guys can’t because it’s evenly matched I think in the trenches. If he learns to just simply throw it away and not take that big risk of being bailed out by Noah or Eli then it’ll make our passing so much better. Imo I feel like both teams need to create turnovers to get the edge in this one

I’ve watched y’all for a few years and #3 is a natural leader and I’ve seen him drag this team to the finish line more times than they’ve took themselves especially last year. In my opinion, a lot of the other players have stepped up this year more than last year(#1,#4,#7,#8,#14)This will be a good game but I’ve got Peabody by 14. Maybe more if Peabody establishes the run before they go to the passing game. Honestly don’t know much about Meigs. All I’ve heard about is the QB. Who’s the other players to watch?

1 minute ago, Irightuwrong said:

I’ve watched y’all for a few years and #3 is a natural leader and I’ve seen him drag this team to the finish line more times than they’ve took themselves especially last year. In my opinion, a lot of the other players have stepped up this year more than last year(#1,#4,#7,#8,#14)This will be a good game but I’ve got Peabody by 14. Maybe more if Peabody establishes the run before they go to the passing game. Honestly don’t know much about Meigs. All I’ve heard about is the QB. Who’s the other players to watch?

#4 Dickson( Army) commit #1 Hammonds #7 Halbrook. Defensive wise we play together and get a lot of hats to the ball #87 Franks is probably our leader on D

8 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

We got one turnover last week and it was big. I can't remember the last turnover we had as a team. For the most part our guys do a good job taking care of and holding onto the ball. 

It should be fun to watch both teams try to stop these offenses.  I have been listening to teams for four years now saying they would should down Swafford. I would say last week scoring only 22 and holding Swafford to under a hundred with 2TD running 2 2 point conversions and 1 in the air was a good defensive game against him.

He seems to eventually find away a couple of times a game and break several tackles on his way to a 60 or 70 yard td. Or run around for what seems like a minute or so until he slings it downfield 50 yards in the air on the run.

Watching your guys is scary. You all have a lot of of talent and players who can score at any time. I think it will be tough for us to contain 4 and 7 but it should be fun watching. 

Some lady told me last friday during the game you all were losing at  halftime and it looked like we would play Riverside. I told her dont count on it. I said just watch Peabody will score as much as they want in the 2nd half. I think I actually told the lady you guys would come back and win by 30 or so.

It will be fun to watch. I except the same watching you guys as well, I’ve wanted to see this matchup for several years now. Y’alls QB and RB are really good at finding running lanes and open holes to get in. 

1 minute ago, Irightuwrong said:

I know Peabody’s just wondering about Meigs County because all I’ve heard about is their QB

Meigs has a really good RB behind Swafford. #34 He has gained well over a 1000 yards and is super fast. He is little at around 5 feet 8 or so but can run well and catch it just as well out of backfield. He has several 50 plus yard catches also. He has a couple long kickoff returns for tds also.

They got a really good group of receivers. Number 1 option is #23. A big fast senior with great hands. #15 is a sophomore and has been go to target lately . He is a great athlete and gets a lot of yards after the catch.

#4 is another great athlete who runs the ball, lines up in slot and returns punts. He has several long tds this year on punts, running it, interceptions, and receiving.  He is also super quick.

Defense line and lbs are loaded with power and speed. Swafford plays safety and just cleans everything up. I believe our cornerbacks is our weakest position overall but they have done a good job lately.

2 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Meigs has a really good RB behind Swafford. #34 He has gained well over a 1000 yards and is super fast. He is little at around 5 feet 8 or so but can run well and catch it just as well out of backfield. He has several 50 plus yard catches also. He has a couple long kickoff returns for tds also.

They got a really good group of receivers. Number 1 option is #23. A big fast senior with great hands. #15 is a sophomore and has been go to target lately . He is a great athlete and gets a lot of yards after the catch.

#4 is another great athlete who runs the ball, lines up in slot and returns punts. He has several long tds this year on punts, running it, interceptions, and receiving.  He is also super quick.

Defense line and lbs are loaded with power and speed. Swafford plays safety and just cleans everything up. I believe our cornerbacks is our weakest position overall but they have done a good job lately.

Pretty good write up on us. I like #2 also. Good hands.

Edited by Imthayeti

15 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Thanks dont know how I left him out.

#2 has a ton of heart. He hits harder than anyone on team and he is not a big kid. He is not afraid of laying it to the bigger guys. 

On offense he is our backup QB and only a sophomore.  He is such a great athlete that we use him all over the place. He has made some nice runs and catches and has his share of big plays this year also.

Losing a Mr Football like Swafford will hurt for sure but Meigs is in good hands with this kid next year. If he grows a little more and works hard I believe he has the potential to take Meigs back to state again next year

52 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Thanks dont know how I left him out.

#2 has a ton of heart. He hits harder than anyone on team and he is not a big kid. He is not afraid of laying it to the bigger guys. 

On offense he is our backup QB and only a sophomore.  He is such a great athlete that we use him all over the place. He has made some nice runs and catches and has his share of big plays this year also.

Losing a Mr Football like Swafford will hurt for sure but Meigs is in good hands with this kid next year. If he grows a little more and works hard I believe he has the potential to take Meigs back to state again next year

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Any video us Tide fans can watch that is not just highlights lol.

7 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I feel to win Meigs has to make a couple of big plays and hopefully get a turnover or two. 

Greenback threw for nearly 400 yards on us but couldn't run. Swafford did get 2 int and had another but they said he didnt get both feet inbounds. We Also had 2 more balls that should have been intercepted. One just dropped that would have been a straight path to end zone. Our secondary is good and with Swafford at safety he makes big plays. 

I think it depends on if we can get pressure on the QB and make him throw it a little early. If we can not get pressure it's likely with the quality receivers you have it could be a long day for us. 

The QB can run it also for Peabody. The Swafford pick you talk about happened in front of me he was way out of bounds and I don’t think at the High school level you have to have two feet in bounds. 

Idk if Peabody can pass the ball like Greenback did on Meigs but I think they can enough to keep Meigs honest. 

I like both teams but I’m stick with Peabody by 14. 

Edited by vandyfan1

5 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

Any video us Tide fans can watch that is not just highlights lol.

Oneida keeps some videos. They may have some of our game earlier on the year. Your coach should have the qtr final game of us with them.

Alot of kids didnt play in that first game though so it won't show alot.

Edited by Imthayeti

47 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

The QB can run it also for Peabody. The Swafford pick you talk about happened in front of me he was way out of bounds and I don’t think at the High school level you have to have two feet in bounds. 

Idk if Peabody can pass the ball like Greenback did on Meigs but I think they can enough to keep Meigs honest. 

I like both teams but I’m stick with Peabody by 14. 

That GB QB was something else.