2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

3 minutes ago, Waker said:

I have seen these squads in Jr high. You may be stretching the truth a bit.

Hate to quote you in back to back posts, but our middle school doesn’t have any weight lifting going on so when those already big lineman come in fresh Jacobs gets them going in the weight room and are fine after the middle school years. I agree with you tho our middle school teams are always a .500 team

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Meigs Sophomore class is really special I believe. I think we will be good next year? But even better after that. Alot of sophomores got playing time today.

Y’all should be fine next season, y’all have it rolling there and so do we. McKenzie out of our region is returning their whole roster and are favored to be the team in the West next season. I know a lot of questions are around what our team will look like next season but I think we should be fine. 

12 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Meigs Sophomore class is really special I believe. I think we will be good next year, But even better after that. Alot of sophomores got playing time today.

A great group of Sophomores returning, and some tremendous players coming in from the Middle School.  And don't forget most of the linebackers will be back next year.

Edited by blitzinbuc

9 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Y’all should be fine next season, y’all have it rolling there and so do we. McKenzie out of our region is returning their whole roster and are favored to be the team in the West next season. I know a lot of questions are around what our team will look like next season but I think we should be fine. 

Yeah, not worried. We will definitely have winning seasons imo the next 6 years or so? Most of our younger guys had great seasons in 7th and 8th grade and are really good athletes. Only seen it down that far so probably longer though. Course that's if no major coaching changes or anything. I'll have great teams to watch for years fortunately. We just have so many sophomores playing now it's just be silly for me not to think when they are seniors we wont have a good run. Just speculating obviously, But that's how I see it anyway. 

11 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

How in the wide wide world of sports did they make it this far?

Haywood missed a field goal last week Stevie Wonder could’ve made lol. They gave up 21 points each to Jackson Northside which lost their QB and the offense was non existent all season, and the other is Jackson Southside which we lead 42-0 at half and again another non existent offense. They played Lexington which hasn’t been a top tier team in a while. Then in the 3rd round the play Harding County that lost their D1 tight end in the 2nd round, so it was all luck to be honest.