District 10A

thenomad

Culleoka pulls off upset of Richland tonight in overtime. Culleoka switched to a zone. Richland became stagnant on offense and shots quit falling with the lack of movement and momentum. Culleoka kept the Raiders off the offensive glass and made key shots and free throws late. This is not the first time I have seen a Richland team become stagnant and lose energy against a zone. Too methodical and no movement to keep shooters in a flow. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, thenomad said:

Culleoka pulls off upset of Richland tonight in overtime. Culleoka switched to a zone. Richland became stagnant on offense and shots quit falling with the lack of movement and momentum. Culleoka kept the Raiders off the offensive glass and made key shots and free throws late. This is not the first time I have seen a Richland team become stagnant and lose energy against a zone. Too methodical and no movement to keep shooters in a flow. 

WOW! Thanks for the report. 

18 minutes ago, Dunc4265 said:

With Santa Fe and Mt Pleasant tied and split during the season to that mean a coin flip for the #1 seed? Also hows the five team bracket made up? #1 gets the only bye? #2 plays #4 and #3 plays #5 first round?

I would think that 4 and 5 have a play in game. Then 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in semis.  Just my thoughts. Not absolutely sure. 

Edited by thenomad

10 hours ago, thenomad said:

I would think that 4 and 5 have a play in game. Then 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in semis.  Just my thoughts. Not absolutely sure. 

1 hour ago, Lynnvegas said:

Should be a fun district tourney this year. Go Raiders!!!

i would assume the same. 4/5

then 1/4 and 2/3. Really only way to do it with 5 teams and you have to have 4 teams advancing 

Thanks

With that being said... The #1 seed coin flip is huge for post season play! #1 seed will definitely get an easier path to the Championship game. You definitely don't want to take on Richland in the semifinals with the loser traveling for the 1st round of the region.