Can anybody beat Jackson South Side

WhereYouAt

27 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

South Side getting beat on purpose.... What in the world is that all about? No way they do that. Come on man!!!

I am still waiting on the explanation for the post that said just wait the loss is scheduled. They will have an undefeated regular season unless something foreseen happens. No one in the district will come close to beating them, Thats just my opinion

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I was at the missouri tournament and contrary to you belief. Poplar Bluff and Southmore were good teams. Memphis basketball is always tough just because of their style of play and how the officials let the game be played. Hard to play a lot tough teams with so many teams in that district, but the out of district games were pretty competitive teams.

Poplar Bluff is 3-5. Unless they've played the best teams they can play they aren't good.

From the film I saw Southmoore doesn't guard well nor did they have decent guards.

Even though Southside won the Bolivar film shows all the problems that Southside has. The defense is suspect and out of position in most of the game. That zone is not gonna work. Southside is not big enough to play zone effectively. The bigger guard from Bolivar gave SS guards trouble. SS alos look weak against the pressure at times. Bolivar isn't very good either so that says a lot.

Yes, teams can be good and haev a weak schdule. District is what it is. This team that I see just doesn't look to be like a team that can or needs to coast without being tested.

58 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I am still waiting on the explanation for the post that said just wait the loss is scheduled. They will have an undefeated regular season unless something foreseen happens. No one in the district will come close to beating them, Thats just my opinion

I am still waiting on this idiotic post as well! 

On 1/10/2020 at 10:18 AM, warmachine7954 said:

Poplar Bluff is 3-5. Unless they've played the best teams they can play they aren't good.

From the film I saw Southmoore doesn't guard well nor did they have decent guards.

Even though Southside won the Bolivar film shows all the problems that Southside has. The defense is suspect and out of position in most of the game. That zone is not gonna work. Southside is not big enough to play zone effectively. The bigger guard from Bolivar gave SS guards trouble. SS alos look weak against the pressure at times. Bolivar isn't very good either so that says a lot.

Yes, teams can be good and haev a weak schdule. District is what it is. This team that I see just doesn't look to be like a team that can or needs to coast without being tested.

As I stated I was there. PB is good team all across the board, I could careless what their record is. Not sure what film you saw, and what big guard from Bolivar you are referring to, but the first game Norment from Bolivar had about 20 in the first half, 2nd half SS had him Non Existent and the game at SS he was Non Existent, couldnt get a shot off and didnt look real aggressive against that weak defense you speak of. Southmore was a good team with 2 D1 recuits and one being about 6'10 and he could only dunk, he wanted no part of being physical with #35 and #12 from SS. 14AA boys are awful, 13AA not too much better. I hope they can hold it together until substate hopefully against Covington who I hear is the real deal. Like i stated on another post, IDC what the schedule is UNDEFEATED is impressive and folk dont give credit where it's due in West Tn

49 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

As I stated I was there. PB is good team all across the board, I could careless what their record is. Not sure what film you saw, and what big guard from Bolivar you are referring to, but the first game Norment from Bolivar had about 20 in the first half, 2nd half SS had him Non Existent and the game at SS he was Non Existent, couldnt get a shot off and didnt look real aggressive against that weak defense you speak of. Southmore was a good team with 2 D1 recuits and one being about 6'10 and he could only dunk, he wanted no part of being physical with #35 and #12 from SS. 14AA boys are awful, 13AA not too much better. I hope they can hold it together until substate hopefully against Covington who I hear is the real deal. Like i stated on another post, IDC what the schedule is UNDEFEATED is impressive and folk dont give credit where it's due in West Tn

True statement in West Tn I have noticed that when a team is undefeated, nobody gives the proper credit! 14AA is horrible true statement! I do recall Lexington(which is probably the 4th best in 14AA) beat Crockett Co(which is probably 2 or 3rd in 13AA) South Side is #1 in AA let us enjoy it! I heard Covington starting lineup is tough, but don’t have much of a bench! It should be interesting this postseason! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I think he had 33 7 rb 4 asst. Sounds like a real solid game.

An overall bad record isn't a good thing if a team is good. Rarely does a good team have a losing record. An overall good record can indicate that a team is good or is playing inferior competition. 

You have to play teams in your district but it doesn't mean you can't schdule tough teams on non-district games. 

13 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

An overall bad record isn't a good thing if a team is good. Rarely does a good team have a losing record. An overall good record can indicate that a team is good or is playing inferior competition. 

You have to play teams in your district but it doesn't mean you can't schdule tough teams on non-district games. 

He lost! What people like yourself looks at is individual success! We at South Side look at team success! Team success wins championship, not individual awards! 

2 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

You have your opinion as I do. I will agree to disagree. End of discussion on my end until someone beats them. It was stated that the loss is scheduled so i'll wait for everyone's wish to be satisfied

2 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

He lost! What people like yourself looks at is individual success! We at South Side look at team success! Team success wins championship, not individual awards! 

He didn't lose. His team did. No one team can win or lose.

The point that I made earlier is that on film it looked like SS was having difficulty with him being a bigger guard. 

People like me? I've said nothing about individual awards or individual players. The previous poster brought the players name into it. I was bringing up a weakness from what I saw on the film.

Y'all have fun. I hope SS does well. We'll see soon enough.

1 minute ago, warmachine7954 said:

He didn't lose. His team did. No one team can win or lose.

The point that I made earlier is that on film it looked like SS was having difficulty with him being a bigger guard. 

People like me? I've said nothing about individual awards or individual players. The previous poster brought the players name into it. I was bringing up a weakness from what I saw on the film.

Y'all have fun. I hope SS does well. We'll see soon enough.

You just said he didn’t lose! He plays for Bolivar correct? We haven’t lost to Bolivar! Lol that’s individual stats! Wins & losses is a team game, idk if he had 90 points & the other team had 91.... according to my calculations He Still Will Lose the game because his team had 1 less point!