Mairvul Footbawl 2020 (offishual thred)

STARSNBARS

Lett me ennurjeck rite hear on sevrull ov thes isshoes

A. If'un thay wuz a 10 peace famlee box ov Lee's Fride Yardbird att tha goleline.....Tha Feersum Foursum, Tha Steal Kurtun, Tha Purpull Peepull Eaters and Tom Landree's Doomsday Deefence could knott keap MommaSTARS out ov tha endzoan

B. mat and SX eye'm jist glaid tha Mr. 200 didun't play basebawl and git hiz hare messed upp

3. ML weave jist got two haiv tha rite umparr att tha rite gaims......:popcorneater:

13 hours ago, MLREB said:

Baseball would be easily funded if it were not for the crooked and partially blind umpires taking all the gate money as payment for a sub par job. 

Lol!!! Spoken like a former coach!

Even though there are few who enjoy chirping at an ump as much as me, umps would probably come out better if the coaches had to pay them $5 for every bad decision the coach made during a game - from another old coach.

On 3/2/2020 at 3:16 PM, strongx said:

Blood/Knife! :D

MB - at least 35 years ago the school supplied one batting helmet that fit! LOL This don't only apply to baseball, but when it costs several hundred dollars for a kid to participate in extra-curricular activities, something may be amiss. I was told middle school cheerleaders paid $800+ this year - geez. 

The baseball team didn't need a fake grass field (neither did the football team) and the twelve kids in town who can run didn't need a new track. I am not just picking at murvil here. It is similar at other schools. My point is that if the school cannot afford to offer (fund) the extra-curricular activity, then the activity should be cancelled allowing the students to participate with another school who can afford it. TSSAA allows this. If that means all the activities other than football are cancelled, then so be it. We would all survive.

Using this logic, we'd get rid of sports at all levels.  Guess what.  The parents and sponsors have to fund raise at every level.  So, your logic would shut down Little League Baseball (because the gov't doesn't fund it), youth football (cause the gov't doesn't fund it), and on and on and on.  All youth sports would be gone. 

10 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

Using this logic, we'd get rid of sports at all levels.  Guess what.  The parents and sponsors have to fund raise at every level.  So, your logic would shut down Little League Baseball (because the gov't doesn't fund it), youth football (cause the gov't doesn't fund it), and on and on and on.  All youth sports would be gone. 

If little league charged several hundred per kid, you are right, it would be gone. Most wouldn’t pay 500$ for 14 games. Schools are charging that player fee in addition to justifying another wellness position to pay the coach. If school ball disappeared, there would still be travel ball for those families willing to pay the $$, skip summer vacations, pay for lessons, and actually give a crap. Similar to the rapidly growing 7 on 7 football that many families are beginning to focus on. It just seems odd to me for schools to tell families “yeah we offer badminton, the fee is 950$”. 
I have often wondered the number of and cost of wellness teaching positions across our State so we have enough coaches. I’m not sure that’s the job of the schools. Maybe there is a better model? Maybe not.

16 hours ago, strongx said:

Cents it is the off season, let’s talk hoops. Mr Clean and S-West has got them boys and girls playing some ball these days. Is murvil becoming a basketball school?

Basketball school, girls soccer school, golf school, swimming school and softball school. Football and baseball need to catch up...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Basketball school, girls soccer school, golf school, swimming school and softball school. Football and baseball need to catch up...

I think the futbal guys might turn it around one of these days...verdict is still out on the diamond rebs. Those difference makers won’t move out of west Knox.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2020 at 8:27 PM, STARSNBARS said:

Lett me ennurjeck rite hear on sevrull ov thes isshoes

A. If'un thay wuz a 10 peace famlee box ov Lee's Fride Yardbird att tha goleline.....Tha Feersum Foursum, Tha Steal Kurtun, Tha Purpull Peepull Eaters and Tom Landree's Doomsday Deefence could knott keap MommaSTARS out ov tha endzoan

B. mat and SX eye'm jist glaid tha Mr. 200 didun't play basebawl and git hiz hare messed upp

3. ML weave jist got two haiv tha rite umparr att tha rite gaims......:popcorneater:

I drove by your place.

17.jpg