Who will be the new Hickman Co coach??

Tata

10 hours ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

May have or may not have. I think it’s A process to interview all candidates before making an offer

We all know that there's protocol for the hiring process... most of us also realize that when a home run applicant strolls in, you roll out the red carpet and do what's necessary to land the whale. If you're in the circle enough to know whether or not Swenson interviewed, you'd most likely have heard some details like bringing assistants, certification, or others... it's never as simple as "I want the job... the job is yours". 

On 2/2/2020 at 2:59 AM, Tide21 said:

If what you explain is the case why hasn’t Huntingdon won the state championship the last 3 years ?  They have had the talent. 

Never seen them play, but hes obviously a good coach whether they like him or not. He has had them in the mix for a good bit, and proved his worth so to speak. If my team didnt have a good coach I'd hope they would be after someone with a record like his.

Edited by Imthayeti

15 hours ago, tradertwo said:

We all know that there's protocol for the hiring process... most of us also realize that when a home run applicant strolls in, you roll out the red carpet and do what's necessary to land the whale. If you're in the circle enough to know whether or not Swenson interviewed, you'd most likely have heard some details like bringing assistants, certification, or others... it's never as simple as "I want the job... the job is yours". 

I don’t say I’m in the circle but I’m close to some people that are still in contact with Swenson and some people that make decisions on hiring at the school system. I was also told a former player for Swenson has applied for a teaching job and be an assistant football and basketball coach. Probably the best player to play under Swenson and went on to play at the college level. Not saying this is a good sign Swenson is coming but a good thing for our program to have a former star player interested in coming back to coach. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

I don’t say I’m in the circle but I’m close to some people that are still in contact with Swenson and some people that make decisions on hiring at the school system. I was also told a former player for Swenson has applied for a teaching job and be an assistant football and basketball coach. Probably the best player to play under Swenson and went on to play at the college level. Not saying this is a good sign Swenson is coming but a good thing for our program to have a former star player interested in coming back to coach. 

I have a feeling I know who you're speaking of. One of Swanson's boys from Huntingdon will be preparing for the NFL draft this time next year though. 

According to some folks I know from that area 

100% it won’t be Swenson    He just met with them out of courtesy.   

Jon Offutt 

An assistant from a high school in Missouri who has connections there? Maybe

Or someone on the staff 

probably going to be someone that was on the staff last years 

Not many were beating down the doors for that job

They  just fired a coach who was from there who had taken them to the playoffs 5 out of 6 seasons. Took them as deep in the playoffs as they ever have been.

According to Tn football report was the longest tenured coach in they had there 30 years.  They played the state semi finalist this year Riverside and lost by a touchdown on the road according to coach T scoreboard      

Hope the guy that they fired lands on his feet somewhere, I have met him a couple times at state championship games and was a very nice guy.  That’s why I called some folks I know down there to see what happened.   General consensus among other coaches is that they made a mistake in firing him.

Evidently they have nothing coming up from middle school either 

Edited by Tigercub10

19 minutes ago, Tigercub10 said:

According to some folks I know from that area 

100% it won’t be Swenson    He just met with them out of courtesy.   

Jon Offutt 

An assistant from a high school in Missouri who has connections there? Maybe

Or someone on the staff 

probably going to be someone that was on the staff last years 

Not many were beating down the doors for that job

They  just fired a coach who was from there who had taken them to the playoffs 5 out of 6 seasons. Took them as deep in the playoffs as they ever have been.

According to Tn football report was the longest tenured coach in they had there 30 years.  They played the state semi finalist this year Riverside and lost by a touchdown on the road according to coach T scoreboard      

Hope the guy that they fired lands on his feet somewhere, I have met him a couple times at state championship games and was a very nice guy.  That’s why I called some folks I know down there to see what happened.   General consensus among other coaches is that they made a mistake in firing him.

Evidently they have nothing coming up from middle school either 

Harrison went to playoffs 4 out of 6. 3 those being 1st round loses. And the one year he did go to the 3rd round was he’s first year with kids that well coached from the previous coach. Harrison is a good guy but a good guy doesn’t mean their the right person for the job

14 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

Harrison went to playoffs 4 out of 6. 3 those being 1st round loses. And the one year he did go to the 3rd round was he’s first year with kids that well coached from the previous coach. Harrison is a good guy but a good guy doesn’t mean their the right person for the job

How long has it been since a coach even lasted 6 years there? 

Should they have won any of those playoff games that they lost?  If he was losing to teams he should beat then that is a different story   

Averaging 5 wins a year at a place like Hickman county is hard to do other then when they played 2A with 4A enrollment and talent back when Swenson was there

I know his first year that team had no business beating Waverly and I was shocked they did beat Waverly in the 2nd round.    

Arguments can always be made for or against keeping a coach I suppose    

If they are expecting more out of football than just going to the playoffs they should expect more in other sports as well   

My daughter played softball against them a couple years ago and they weren’t any good to put it nicely 

Is the former baseball player Smithson still the AD?   

If the football coach gets fired for having mediocre seasons will they make changes other sports? 

Edited by Tigercub10

23 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

Who do you think will get the job? 

Someone on staff?