Who will be the new Hickman Co coach??

Tata

17 hours ago, Tide21 said:

How is it hard to comprehend what I’m saying ?      I don’t have reading comprehension problems it’s that seem to not understand.  

you said in high school ball it’s 90% coaching.  If it’s 90% coaching then you don’t even need good players. Your statement was ignorant it can’t be 90% .   You have to have a complete program. This includes players and coaches and everything else that goes along with having g a good team. 

Based on your 90% theory and your idea that he is a great coach then they shouldn’t have lost because based on what you said it’s 90% coaching.   It’s hard to grasp your own concept isn’t it ? 

You are still reading way to much into what I said. That ain't my fault but I will try to spell it out for you one last time.

You act like the other teams he coaches vs  do not have  have a Head coach?   Not the case They have coaches and the ones he lost to are also great coaches with great programs  

You act as though I said he is the best coach in  Tennessee. Never did!  If i had to pick one I would go with Rankin . Never a wasted season with that guy very few mistakes in anything he does .

You are acting like I didn't say Weight program  and game plans as well as coaching being the 90%  Setting that up and making sure its done right that is part of the Head coaches job.

The old saying that hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard comes to mind..  

All I said was Huntingdon is lucky to have him he is a great coach and runs a great program and that is 90% of winning  which he does a lot of. I believe in the last 10 years he has won 95% of his games.

Now if you want to see what talent looks like with out great coaching look at Milan the last 2 years..Should have at least been competing for State 

I am finished now  I can't say it any more plainly and if you don't get it then you're just pig headed  for me to care.

P.S. the second sentence in your post  makes it pretty clear who has reading/writing  comprehension problems .

Edited by Beagle

13 minutes ago, Beagle said:

You are still reading way to much into what I said. That ain't my fault but I will try to spell it out for you one last time.

You act like the other teams he coaches vs  do not have  have a Head coach?   Not the case They have coaches and the ones he lost to are also great coaches with great programs  

You act as though I said he is the best coach in  Tennessee. Never did!  If i had to pick one I would go with Rankin . Never a wasted season with that guy very few mistakes in anything he does .

You are acting like I didn't say Weight program  and game plans as well as coaching being the 90%  Setting that up and making sure its done right that is part of the Head coaches job.

The old saying that hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard comes to mind..  

All I said was Huntingdon is lucky to have him he is a great coach and runs a great program and that is 90% of winning  which he does a lot of. I believe in the last 10 years he has won 95% of his games.

Now if you want to see what talent looks like with out great coaching look at Milan the last 2 years..Should have at least been competing for State 

I am finished now  I can't say it any more plainly and if you don't get it then you're just pig headed  for me to care.

P.S. the second sentence in your post  makes it pretty clear who has reading/writing  comprehension problems .

I agree 100% with what you said about Milan and it hurts my soul to admit that. But coaching won’t be a problem now. 

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

Thank you for teaching me that 90% of high school ball is coaching.  I don’t care what coach you have if you don’t have some talent you won’t be successful.  What happened to union city the last 2 years ?   They were down on talent with a coach that in my opinion is better than swinson. Coaching definitely isn’t 90%. Your original statement is more than exaggerated 

On 2/7/2020 at 8:50 PM, Bulldogfan24 said:

I’ve heard that too and if that’s the case then I believe they made a mistake in firing Harrison. McDonald went 0-10 in middle school this past year. :unsure:

I heard that Scott Keasler was a coach who applied for this vacancy.  He's a quality football coach that Hickman County would be lucky to have.  

On 2/8/2020 at 6:28 PM, Tide21 said:

Thank you for teaching me that 90% of high school ball is coaching.  I don’t care what coach you have if you don’t have some talent you won’t be successful.  What happened to union city the last 2 years ?   They were down on talent with a coach that in my opinion is better than swinson. Coaching definitely isn’t 90%. Your original statement is more than exaggerated 

Never tried to change your OPINION.   Never said mine was  the only one either. I just wont have someone who can't or wont understand what i am saying put words in my mouth.  So you can go suck a big bag of dirty feet  lol .  

As far as you asking me what happened at Union city which I have no idea about why they dropped off  maybe you should ask someone from union city.  I would guess that its more than just a Talent drop.I wouldn't know that but neither do you...

On 2/8/2020 at 3:00 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree 100% with what you said about Milan and it hurts my soul to admit that. But coaching won’t be a problem now. 

I hated to use ya'll as an example but it was and undisputable example .  I am excited for your new coach and ours as well.I was at the Doctor the other day getting an xray and an older retired teaching couple from Milan and I started talking football and they were fired up big time about him so I linked them  the article you shared on here a while back. They left even more excited 

• Upvote 1