Big matchups in West TN

dmm88

33 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Big win for Gleason tonight!! Both teams played their hearts out and coaches the same. It was an old school Bradford Gleason war!! Number 30 and 15 for Gleason need to get a game ball for their defense on the Bradford post. Freeman got 2 quick fouls and they guarded her by committee.

I agree! Those 2 girls played good defense, the post for Bradford uses her frame very well to get position. I also agree about the Bradford Gleason wars of old. Both small towns brought big crowds and made alot of noise for those kids. As a fan it was fun to watch. Bradford shot lights out in this game, it was raining threes at one point. My hat is off to them, I think they played their best game of the season when it matered the most.And to their coach, she had them ready. Happy for the Gleason girls, they’ve been through so much this season with injuries. They never gave up, they could have easily laid down but scratched and clawed back in it. That group is very scrappy, not pretty but they get after it.Now they get the grand prize of playing the best team in the state in the next round. Good luck to everyone!

7 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

I agree! Those 2 girls played good defense, the post for Bradford uses her frame very well to get position. I also agree about the Bradford Gleason wars of old. Both small towns brought big crowds and made alot of noise for those kids. As a fan it was fun to watch. Bradford shot lights out in this game, it was raining threes at one point. My hat is off to them, I think they played their best game of the season when it matered the most.And to their coach, she had them ready. Happy for the Gleason girls, they’ve been through so much this season with injuries. They never gave up, they could have easily laid down but scratched and clawed back in it. That group is very scrappy, not pretty but they get after it.Now they get the grand prize of playing the best team in the state in the next round. Good luck to everyone!

It was a war!! Both teams left it on the floor. Bradford shot lights out and the post was guarded so well she couldn’t get going. I really enjoyed that game as much maybe as any game I have seen this year. Really hated that either team had to lose one like that.

24 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

I figured that game would be close. Bradford has a good basketball team, and Gleason hasn't been at full strength all year. Good luck to them against Greenfield, I don't think it's gonna be a blowout. 

If Gleason can find ways to score and not foul so much they can beat a lot of teams. They played as good of post defense last night as you will see. Well coached too. Bradford as well. Don’t think I have witnessed a game where both teams brought it like that from opening tip to buzzer in a while.

57 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

I figured that game would be close. Bradford has a good basketball team, and Gleason hasn't been at full strength all year. Good luck to them against Greenfield, I don't think it's gonna be a blowout. 

Gleason will let the air out of the basketball. Slow down game. They tried that last game but it didn’t work. 

56 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Gleason will let the air out of the basketball. Slow down game. They tried that last game but it didn’t work. 

Gleason can’t play with Greenfield, IMO. They can play with us and a lot of other teams. They remind me of us last year a little. Have a lot of hard working good players, but not great. 

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

If Gleason can find ways to score and not foul so much they can beat a lot of teams. They played as good of post defense last night as you will see. Well coached too. Bradford as well. Don’t think I have witnessed a game where both teams brought it like that from opening tip to buzzer in a while.

We definitely saw the same game, I could have watched that effort and intensity all night! Reminded me of a region tournament game at Gibson Co I think 5 years ago between Bradford and GC. Same intensity and atmosphere, Bradford was the underdog and came out on fire. Gibson never quit and found a way to win. I think it was Morgan Martin senior year. The reason I say this is because those kind of games stick in your mind.

4 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I agree, but I don’t blame Gleason, you have to try anything to slow down that Greenfield offense, they score in big bunches and they can do it quick. Gleason coach will try to come up with something but it won’t matter. And that’s not a knock on Gleason at all, they are capable of beating anyone that makes it to state, just not Greenfield. I think it’s the Jackets year. Gleason won’t be intimidated, they will scrap as long as they can but Greenfield blows it out in the second half.

29 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

I agree, but I don’t blame Gleason, you have to try anything to slow down that Greenfield offense, they score in big bunches and they can do it quick. Gleason coach will try to come up with something but it won’t matter. And that’s not a knock on Gleason at all, they are capable of beating anyone that makes it to state, just not Greenfield. I think it’s the Jackets year. Gleason won’t be intimidated, they will scrap as long as they can but Greenfield blows it out in the second half.

I have watched a ton of basketball last few days on phone. Greenfield didn’t play with same focus and intensity against Loretto last year as it did Clarkrange day before. Same with Loretto. They didn’t play same intensity against us as they did Greenfield the day before. GC didn’t against South Green three or four years ago after beating Middleton in the semis. Draw means a lot up there I think Greenfield will be hard to handle around here. Last year I noticed against Loretto Chloe Moore brought Greenfield back two different times in the forth quarter and mysteriously went four or five possessions without shooting the ball in both instances. I thought they kinda lost focus and made some wild shots and got frustrated the refs were calling fouls. I think Greenfield is the favorite but will have their hands full with Loretto again if they meet. If they play and beat Loretto early in the tournament other than the final game it could benefit the other teams. 

1 hour ago, hoopfever said:

You do whatever you have to if that means freezing the ball then that’s fair and square. This Greenfield team is A pretty good defensive team, their defense sets up their game.  Gleason could be the #2 team in the region but they have a tough road now, you don’t want to be #3 in our district. 

10 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

You do whatever you have to if that means freezing the ball then that’s fair and square. This Greenfield team is A pretty good defensive team, their defense sets up their game.  Gleason could be the #2 team in the region but they have a tough road now, you don’t want to be #3 in our district. 

To me it would be a disadvantage for them to play slow. Points were hard to come by last night in their half court sets.