Big matchups in West TN

dmm88

2 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Some pretty big games tonight: 

Dyersburg at Westview (first place in 13-AA)

TCA at USJ (first place in their region)

Gibson County at Peabody (first place in 14-A)

Who wins and why????

Westview by 2 in a nail biter.
TCA by 8 because it is at USJ and is a rival game.

GC by 14. I think Peabody is playing better. Beat Hillcrest at Christmas. Could get interesting if GC has trouble with their pressure.

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

GC wins by 40 with a running clock. Didn’t see that coming at all.

Heard that Callins is back in a limited role and they're going to slowly be working her back in. WV held Dyersburg to 31 points? If that score is correct, that's hard to believe in itself. Those 2 will be having at more battles before the season is over it appears. I was surprised by the margin of victory of Dresden over Bradford for my shocker tonight. Bradford has a young, scrappy team and have played better this year, than I was expecting. TCA's victory doesn't surprise me too much. When they're all on, they're a very good team. 

16 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Heard that Callins is back in a limited role and they're going to slowly be working her back in. WV held Dyersburg to 31 points? If that score is correct, that's hard to believe in itself. Those 2 will be having at more battles before the season is over it appears. I was surprised by the margin of victory of Dresden over Bradford for my shocker tonight. Bradford has a young, scrappy team and have played better this year, than I was expecting. TCA's victory doesn't surprise me too much. When they're all on, they're a very good team. 

Dresden obviously is getting better it looks like. Union City has gotten a lot better since last year. If the regular season ended today, Gleason and Bradford would battle it out for 4th place. I expect Gleason to get better as well. Very surprised tonight at the GC score. I watched Peabody this summer and they looked much better than they did tonight. I don’t know if they lost some players but that is not what I expected from them. GC looked to do anything they wanted to offensively. They played great team ball and shared the ball. Macey Neal and Kacey Sweat have racked up some major assists the last few games. GC rebounded well and took care of the ball. Great win and confidence builder for GC. 

• Like 1

TCA came out scorching hot and was up 16-0 to start the game. It was pretty much a dead heat for 3 quarters after that, with a series of small runs  back and forth for both teams, then TCA sealed the deal with a big run early in the 4th. Both JV teams played the last 5-6 minutes. USJ missed some chances to cut into the lead through the middle of the game, making 1 of 8 free throws in one stretch, and missing a few layups. TCA was undoubtedly the better team tonight, but I would be surprised if the rematch isn't a little closer.

Dresden must have shot it well against  a good well Bradford team. Putting up 75 points is rare against Bradford, (unless your Greenfield). Another score that surprised me, was Henry County only beat a struggling Springfield team by 10 points. 

I Kind of of thought that Dyersburg would have taken that game tonight because of how well they have played recently. But Westview is tough to beat at home.