Head Coaching change in Whitwell....

volsfan2008

43 minutes ago, Headhunter42 said:

So whats the inside scoop on why the rug was pulled on this fellow after only 1 year?  I mean usually you would have to have inappropriate contact with a student, be doing some shady stuff or arrested, something crazy to be kicked to the curb that quick.  I'm not buying that it had anything to do with him only winning 3 games, I watched Whitwell play last year and they were lucky to win any games after loosing all them horses that won the state title and that has nothing to do with coaching thats purely on personnel and lack thereof.  So what could it be?  All you valley guys seem to know everything so please fill us outsider in on the truth here?   

Couple thoughts, you don't make a move like this unless you already got a sure fire hire in mind that your willing to break the bank for or your administration is lacking in common sense and is so far out of touch with reality that they make a bold move like this for a close personal friend, family member or some other shady back door deal.  The reality is Nick Saben could win over night with the talent that CURRENTLY there, yes anyone can build a program over time, something this ole boy didn't get!  Now lets say the Admin dont have a guy already, who in their right mind would risk coming there, moving, investing resources to take that program with the risk of being ousted after a year?? 

Thoughts?  

I think there is a name in play and has been for several weeks.   Now there's most likely another interested party that could potentially derail the earlier choice.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Back2back01 said:

If that's the case he is in for a rude awakening.  Hope he knows they're not full of horses anymore. He also has zero head coaching experience... will kids respond to him or even want to play....... ?

I will say he is probably one of the more impressive young defensive coordinators I've seen in action. 

Whoever gets the job next year it will be rough. Good Sophomore and Freshman classes to build on. 

5 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Perhaps Boldin got out when the getting out was prime.  He knew it was fixing to get bad when he left for Waverly.  

That combined with him being from Waverly.  The latter probably had more to do with it.

Edited by rlh

4 hours ago, djslayer said:

This is the part that definitely stood out to me.  Excerpt:

However, sources close to the situation tell News 12 that a former assistant coach is the front-runner.

Griffith says no names have come across his desk just yet. However, he believes the rumored replacement would not qualify due to a previous criminal incident and lack of teaching certificate.

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

This is the part that definitely stood out to me.  Excerpt:

However, sources close to the situation tell News 12 that a former assistant coach is the front-runner.

Griffith says no names have come across his desk just yet. However, he believes the rumored replacement would not qualify due to a previous criminal incident and lack of teaching certificate.

Is it too soon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZlLQLFq_H4

3 minutes ago, rlh said:

Lol.   Never too soon around here.  We specialize in all sorts of rumors,  alternative facts, misinformation,  colonoscopies,  cage rattling.  We even have a couple that have taken up the Tribe of Many Nations orchestration cross to bear.   I guess being a cross bearer is better than being a cross dresser.  How noble. :-)

• Like 1