Loretto/Summertown

Brazier

9 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

McNeil and Darby both played the last 5 minutes after the Fillies had cut the lead to 20

You are correct. Our coach pulls Tess and Chloe usually when the game gets out of hand (early 3 qtr it was 40) and sometimes the other coach plays his main team the rest of the game against our younger girls but thats  ok. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

9 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Huntingdon cut the lead to 12 or 13 points in the 3rd but trevathan put Tess and Chloe back in so Greenfield could get their big lead back. We haven't seen somebody put 59 points on the jackets this year and the fillies did it.

I must have been at a different game. Greenfield was up by 40 in 3 qtr and took Tess and Chloe out. Huntingdon played their 5 all game. Huntingdon cut the lead from 40 to 19 on our young girls. You are correct he put Chloe and Tess back in after they had set over a qtr. 

Coach Trevathan does not run the score up on anybody. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Like 1

I made the trip from Columbia to Loretto last night.  Not disappointed in that game at all.  Two really good teams.  In a normal year, either could be a favorite to win the gold ball.  Greenfield makes this not a normal year. 

Thoughts on Loretto:  The Weathers girl is great.  No question that she should be a Miss Basketball nominee (along with the two from Greenfield) and she will win at least one Miss Basketball award in her high school career.  #20 made big shots at the end of the game.  Not sure why she doesn't play more.  Loretto will be a really tough out.

Thoughts on Summertown:  Seemed shocked early but settled in and played well.  Not surprising since, according to a Summertown fan I spoke to, they played 3 juniors, 1 sophomore and 2 freshmen.  They are  good right now but could be really good next year if their injured guard recovers well.  The post player #24 is probably the best post I've seen in Class A this year.

On 2/4/2020 at 7:26 PM, Jaychapman said:

Loretto wins by 3 but know they in battle / Stown never gave up / what you got say now now pioneer 42 

Another thing I would say is makes me even prouder of the state title last year having beat two outstanding teams in Summertown and Loretto in Murfreesboro. Both of these teams are really good.

Edited by pioneer42

13 minutes ago, Brazier said:

U kicked our butt twice! Lol

Yow lost some players the year before though too. We didn’t. Yow beat us the year before last in a scrimmage three or four days before the season. Would be an interesting game this year if we met. Yow would probably be a slight favorite. Summertown has a good program. I am glad yow keep coming to our Thanksgiving Tournament!! Maybe we will play next year!!

12 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

The younger girls ( mean elementary school age kids ) so look up to these hs players they want to be just like them when they grow up /can’t describe the look on their faces just to be close to them or even touch them / that’s what keeps the tradition alive year after year 

GC is kinda the same way. All the girls mostly want to play girls basketball at a young age. And our coaches have a great feeder program and has them playing really young. 

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

The younger girls ( mean elementary school age kids ) so look up to these hs players they want to be just like them when they grow up /can’t describe the look on their faces just to be close to them or even touch them / that’s what keeps the tradition alive year after year 

I would say that about all of Lawrence County Girls basketball as a whole.  Girls basketball in Lawrence County the last 20 years has been the jewel of sports as a whole in the county.  We have been blessed by great basketball by all 3 high school teams.  All these little girls from their communities want to wear the black and gold,  purple and gold, and blue and white.  That's is why it is so important for our coaches to teach their players to play with class and act likewise.  They are very important role models for these up and coming players we enjoy watching on the hard court.

Edited by gogold