Loretto/Summertown

Brazier

18 hours ago, gogold said:

I know for a fact you are 100 percent wrong.  I know Loretto tried the last 2 years to get LCHS on their schedule and they would not play Loretto.  It would be a big money gate too for both schools.  Does not make any sense for the county rivals not to play.  

Golfcat is either misinformed or just knowingly making inaccurate statements.  LCHS has chosen not to book Summertown and Loretto, and they have done this for more than 2 years.  

2 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Golfcat is either misinformed or just knowingly making inaccurate statements.  LCHS has chosen not to book Summertown and Loretto, and they have done this for more than 2 years.  

What I said was LHS/SHS both made the calls to stop playing LCHS. Now if either one of them has called to try and reschedule the last couple of years I haven't heard that. My opinion is either get on the schedule every year or not at all. None of the schools should be able to pick and choose when they play according to how good their teams are. I'm all for the 3 of them playing each other in every sport. Good for the rivalry and good for the money. Even though right now we can't beat either team. 

2 hours ago, golfcat said:

What I said was LHS/SHS both made the calls to stop playing LCHS. Now if either one of them has called to try and reschedule the last couple of years I haven't heard that. My opinion is either get on the schedule every year or not at all. None of the schools should be able to pick and choose when they play according to how good their teams are. I'm all for the 3 of them playing each other in every sport. Good for the rivalry and good for the money. Even though right now we can't beat either team. 

I'm referring to both.  LCHS killed this rivalry years ago.  You need better intel.

I'm with you though...  LHS/SHS, we may have major competitive mindsets when facing each other, but have massive respect for one another, and even passionately root for each other when playing non county opponents.  It's better for everyone when all 3 of us play each other twice a year in each sport.

On 2/11/2020 at 6:13 PM, golfcat said:

I can't speak for Loretto but there's absolutely NO WAY Summertown cancelled after Taylor Clark and that group graduated....  basketball wise anyways.....

15 hours ago, Brazier said:

I can't speak for Loretto but there's absolutely NO WAY Summertown cancelled after Taylor Clark and that group graduated....  basketball wise anyways.....

If my memory serves me right and my info is correct, it was after Kelsi Adkins and Pope's last year. But at this point only the ones on the call really knows the truth. your statement is what I am saying about either play every year or don't. after taylor group left we hit the bottom of the barrel and you are correct SHS wouldn't drop us then. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, gogold said:

No question this will be the 3rd battle this season.  These teams do not give either one inch.  The atmosphere ought to be wild !  If your bored or don't have anything to do, you might want to come watch this one.

Good luck to both. Know it is going to be a war!! Keep us up to date if you can!! Wished I could be there!!