HUNTINGDON VS LORETTO

footballover

18 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

Loretto won by 16. Refs had zero to do with the outcome. It’s over so everyone stop whining. Bottom line is Huntingdon assistants out coached Wilkins because there is no way he came up with this defensive plan on his own. We gave up 20 uncontested treys due to the box and 1 and they knocked down 7-8 of them.

That’s 21 plus points scored with the closest defender not within 10ft of the shooter. Why was this happening? Because we were worried about 1 player, Weathers. When you box and 1 a team it opens the floor up and it never works against a good team.

Wilkins would have had a chance to coach his team to victory in the last few minutes had he not chosen to go with a junk defense instead of doing what got him to the Region Championship in the first place.

I'd like to see the actual.  Felt like we were more like 7 for 25.

Unintended consequences of the junk defense or box & 1. 

role players get wide open - practice type looks which fires the bench up and that energy transfers immediately to the floor

role players in turn give a little more effort defensively and rebounding 

the player boxed, is allowed to be back defensively almost 100% of the time to stop any transition which is why we had zero points in transition 

As a matter of fact,  if Loretto shoots decent from the charity stripe it is a 30 point game. Cannot beat Loretto running half court sets (too tall/long), so you need to cut transition differential a little. Wilkins had to know this which is why I believe someone else coaxed him in to playing out of character. Weathers probably had her PPG anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

Unintended consequences of the junk defense or box & 1. 

role players get wide open - practice type looks which fires the bench up and that energy transfers immediately to the floor

role players in turn give a little more effort defensively and rebounding 

the player boxed, is allowed to be back defensively almost 100% of the time to stop any transition which is why we had zero points in transition 

As a matter of fact,  if Loretto shoots decent from the charity stripe it is a 30 point game. Cannot beat Loretto running half court sets (too tall/long), so you need to cut transition differential a little. Wilkins had to know this which is why I believe someone else coaxed him in to playing out of character. Weathers probably had her PPG anyway.

Can't disagree with anything about this post.

:thumb:

If any of you want a true depiction of the foul hard and often approach we eluded to, go to Facebook and search Pics by Peyton D.

You'll se several pics up showing the style of D that was played (a lot of pics, but a tiny sample).  Only 2 or 3 of the rough housing pics you will see were called a foul.

Edited by mas1821

14 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

If any of you want a true depiction of the foul hard and often approach we eluded to, go to Facebook and search Pics by Peyton D.

You'll se several pics up showing the style of D that was played (a lot of pics, but a tiny sample).  Only 2 or 3 of the rough housing pics you will see were called a foul.

Whatever the foul situation there won’t be no let play or physical play in Murfreesboro, IMO. Refs call it pretty tight as a rule. Both teams will be tough outs, IMO.

13 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

You dont play a pressure defense like Loretto does and not foul. Fillies did foul a lot but so did Loretto. Fillies got whistled for theirs, the Lady Mustangs didn't.

Loretto=Pressure defense yes but very disciplined it looked to me. There’s a difference in the Fillies blatant obvious reach ins, pushes, shoves, grabs, and holds that they were applying and to think you’re not suppose to get a whistle is nonsense. The stare downs told me all I needed to know. Loretto’s deflecting and blocking is what happens often due to their height advantage but they are not fouls. Although they did foul some and they were called.. I’m sure refs missed a few. Obviously... or the Fillies would have been in foul trouble much. It’s not a matter of Fillies getting whistled and Loretto not... its a matter of fouling. Both teams shots were off in beginning and extreme environment continued entire game. Both teams were guaranteed a sub state game coming in to this one but it kinda felt like another level. Anyways.... it wasn’t an enjoyable game in my opinion. Good luck and health to all these teams going forward. 

You would think Loretto lost this game with all the tears flowing on this thread.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game and if you watch the video you will see there were fouls not called on both sides. You could tell Loretto was not used to the physicality and their body language displayed it. My advice is let it go, and get tougher, otherwise teams will sense the snowflake mentality by the parents and use it to their advantage. If it gets too bad just teach your daughter the crane kick. 

wax on - wax off

25 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

You would think Loretto lost this game with all the tears flowing on this thread.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game and if you watch the video you will see there were fouls not called on both sides. You could tell Loretto was not used to the physicality and their body language displayed it. My advice is let it go, and get tougher, otherwise teams will sense the snowflake mentality by the parents and use it to their advantage. If it gets too bad just teach your daughter the crane kick. 

wax on - wax off

Who said I was a Loretto fan... I just like good basketball and I’m definitely not whining but for Croppy to say Fillies got the calls and Loretto didn’t is ludicrous. Oh and I believe Loretto knows how to play physical. If you think you’re dealing with snowflakes in this neck of the woods going forward in these games you may need to think differently. Several teams will be tough outs going forward... yeah wax on wax off goes for you too sounds like a grudge 

Edited by TENNTOWN

On 3/4/2020 at 8:44 PM, mas1821 said:

Obviously we weren't.  Karly's face mask was knocked off 3 times by 22/23, she was also shoved (two handed shove) to the ground twice, only one of those were called a foul.  There were missed calls in the first half, but nothing to the extent of the 3rd quarter.  4th quarter wasn't much better.

I was sitting on the court at mid court, you must have been in the nose bleeds.

With that being said.  Huntingdon is a great team, the Butler girl and the transfer were really impressive as were a couple others.  They should be proud, and should make state.  But if they play as aggressive at state, they will wind up with 30 fouls.

Best of luck at sub state.

Final 

Edited by footballover