2020 Class A Sectionals Discussion Thread

TribalEmpire

On 3/5/2020 at 9:02 AM, Jaychapman said:

I predict one ( and only one ) upset on your top teams  wonder who it will be ???

Never know. All have to play this time of year. Ain’t no freebies. Gibson County definitely don’t have a free one. Memphis Business is talented. We have to play well.

On 3/5/2020 at 8:16 AM, GCPioneer said:

I'll go...

North Greene

Oneida

Clarkrange

Pickett County

Huntingdon

Loretto

Greenfield

Gibson County

This would be a really good Class A state tournament... all are really good teams...

Wartburg 

Cloudland

Clarkrange

Pickett  Co

Huntingdon

Loretto

Greenfield

Memphis Business 

Semis - Clarkrange vs Loretto                          
              Pickett Co vs Greenfield

Finals - Loretto vs Greenfield

Champion - ?

7 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

Wartburg 

Cloudland

Clarkrange

Pickett  Co

Huntingdon

Loretto

Greenfield

Memphis Business 

Semis - Clarkrange vs Loretto                          
              Pickett Co vs Greenfield

Finals - Loretto vs Greenfield

Champion - ?

North Green

Cloudland

Loretto 

Huntington

Clarkrange 

Pickett County

Greenfield

Gibson County

9 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

Youth, a bad shooting night, along with home-cooking spells trouble for the pioneers thus my prediction.

Maybe not. We played them this summer and in sub-state last year. We are very familiar with them. We have a beast post that can take over a game. They have a beast post too but stays in foul trouble.  We went down there last year and officials were from here I believe. West TN officials were in Memphis for the Region. They flip flopped. Don’t know about sub-state. They are a pretty good team. I would compare them to Humboldt with not as much post depth and a little better guards. They are not as good as Union City, IMO but a pretty good team. We will have to play. I like the way we are playing now. We will be fine if we play like we did in region.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:03 PM, mas1821 said:

If I had to bet, it would be on Gibson co., but I know nothing about Memphis Business. 

GC by 30.  Too well coached!  They will shut down the D-1 post.  You don’t win in the post season with posts, you win with coaching and good guard play.  GC has both.

I mentioned home-cooking. 
Maybe that D1 post doesn’t get whistled as often and has a big night. Coupled with bad shooting from behind the arc by youth guards and you have a mild upset. I wouldn’t bet on it but It wouldn’t shock me either. All the favs will not win, I would bet on that.

bullshark, no way GC by 30 

7 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

I mentioned home-cooking. 
Maybe that D1 post doesn’t get whistled as often and has a big night. Coupled with bad shooting from behind the arc by youth guards and you have a mild upset. I wouldn’t bet on it but It wouldn’t shock me either. All the favs will not win, I would bet on that.

bullshark, no way GC by 30 

Have you watched GC this year? We have a freshman guard who made All Region and two other senior guards and a senior forward and a sophomore post who plays like a senior. Our 6 man is a junior. Don’t know any thing about youth you are talking about. You got three starters that are seniors that played a bunch of ball in Murfreesboro. This is definitely not their first rodeo unlike you may think.

Didn’t say the entire team was young.  I just know on the road - in post season -that freshmen and sophomores get nervous and make uncharacteristic mistakes. I have seen you play and GC should win but it is not a lock so I went against the grain.

Edited by MrMiyagi

16 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Memphis Business Academy worries me a little... I’m just saying.... not going to be an easy win..

14 minutes ago, MrMiyagi said:

Didn’t say the entire team was young.  I just know on the road - in post season -that freshmen and sophomores get nervous and make uncharacteristic mistakes. I have seen you play and GC should win but it is not a lock so I went against the grain.

I agree it is not going to be easy. They are a different team when their big post is not In the game. She is very proned to get in foul trouble quick . I expect us to get the ball down low early and often. They lost to Booker T Washington at least once who lost to MAHS in the semis. They have talent yes but they are also undisciplined at times. They showed up 18 minutes before tip-off in the Region Championship game. They have 9 players total. Good players, but I also think we can create some TO’s especially with a press. They didn’t look the best conditioned either. I expect us to get after them.. I think actually we may match up better with them than we did Humboldt. Nothing has been easy for us in the Region has it? I’m used to it by now.