Class A - State Championship Teams

MrMiyagi

17 hours ago, MrMiyagi said:

Correct me if my 2nd / 3rd hand info is incorrect.

Loretto’s point guard - 1st game of season- played 10 min - game was played at Gibson Co HS which essentially made it a home game for Greenfield versus a 3 hour drive for the Loretto team.

Now imagine those factors I just mentioned were reversed and Chloe - 1st game of season - 10 min played - 3 hour drive. Loretto would have beat them by 30 in that scenario therefore they should let Clarkrange play Loretto for the gold ball.

Mimi is no where near the player Chloe is, so that is a ridiculous comparison. Btw my daughter played AAU with Mimi (#11) Loretto. Clarkrange got mauled by Greenfield last year, those two lil guards couldn’t even score, Greenfield too big and fast. Btw Greenfield even better than last year with a transfer from Dresden that signed with Union.  Loretto is a good team but Greenfield is the premier team this year. UT signee, Two time Miss Basketball and a girl that’s playing college ball at Union. Loretto has Weathers, not another girl on that team playing college ball. 

10 minutes ago, Topfan said:

Mimi is no where near the player Chloe is, so that is a ridiculous comparison. Btw my daughter played AAU with Mimi (#11) Loretto. Clarkrange got mauled by Greenfield last year, those two lil guards couldn’t even score, Greenfield too big and fast. Btw Greenfield even better than last year with a transfer from Dresden that signed with Union.  Loretto is a good team but Greenfield is the premier team this year. UT signee, Two time Miss Basketball and a girl that’s playing college ball at Union. Loretto has Weathers, not another girl on that team playing college ball. 

See.  Your post lacks credibility, because you open your mouth about things you have no clue about.  Chadwell (#10) has signed to play college ball.

Greenfield is a great team. You aren't "Premier" (in a league of your own), or you would have beat Loretto by more than 6 at home.

Mimi may not be Chloe, but she is key to our team, not having her affects the outcome.

Edited by mas1821

2 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

See.  Your post lacks credibility, because you open your mouth about things you have no clue about.  Chadwell (#10) has signed to play college ball.

Greenfield is a great team. You aren't "Premier" (in a league of your own), or you would have beat Loretto by more than 6 at home.

Mimi may not be Chloe, but she is key to our team, not having her affects the outcome.

Ok one girl. Where did she sign. Mimi is a solid single A player but would come off the bench for Greenfield which is not a slight at all. I agree MiMi is vital to Loretto’s team. Greenfield did beat Loretto by 6 but played awful, lil Darby missed four lay ups, that doesn’t happen. It ended up 6 but lead by double digits most of the game. 

1 minute ago, Topfan said:

Ok one girl. Where did she sign. Mimi is a solid single A player but would come off the bench for Greenfield which is not a slight at all. I agree MiMi is vital to Loretto’s team. Greenfield did beat Loretto by 6 but played awful, lil Darby missed four lay ups, that doesn’t happen. It ended up 6 but lead by double digits most of the game. 

Again...

You spew inaccurate statements.

12/7/19

Loretto vs Greenfield 

1st qtr - Loretto up 14-10

2nd qtr - GHS up 23-21

3rd qtr - GHS up 33-31

4th qtr - GHS won 50-44

Outside of Summertown, teams tend to play their worst vs us.  We hear that all the time.  Our length causes the speediest of teams a lot of issues. You can say y'all were bad, but anyone watching with sense knows why you played bad.  

9 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Again...

12/7/19

Loretto vs Greenfield 

2nd qtr - GHS up 23-21

3rd qtr - GHS up 33-31

4th qtr - GHS won 50-44

Outside of Summertown, teams tend to play their worst vs us.  We hear that all the time.  Our length causes the speediest of teams a lot of issues. You can say y'all were bad, but anyone watching with sense knows why you played bad.  

Never said Loretto is a bad team just second best. Lost to Summertown?  Huntington played you close in Regionals???  Greenfield playing much better than earlier in the season. Just opinion now anyway but Greenfield undefeated and beat y’all head to head. Routed Huntington. Routed GC. That is indisputable. 

5 minutes ago, Topfan said:

Never said Loretto is a bad team just second best. Lost to Summertown?  Huntington played you close in Regionals???  Greenfield playing much better than earlier in the season. Just opinion now anyway but Greenfield undefeated and beat y’all head to head. Routed Huntington. Routed GC. That is indisputable. 

Again.  Nothing you say has any merit.  Anyone can see that from your last two posts.

29 minutes ago, Topfan said:

Greenfield did beat Loretto by 6 but played awful, lil Darby missed four lay ups, that doesn’t happen. It ended up 6 but lead by double digits most of the game. 

10 minutes ago, Topfan said:

12/7/19

Loretto vs Greenfield 

2nd qtr - GHS up 23-21

3rd qtr - GHS up 33-31

4th qtr - GHS won 50-44

Danielson                                                 We make sacred pact. I promise teach karate to you, you promise learn. I say, you do, no questions.

29 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Again.  Nothing you say has any merit.  Anyone can see that from your last two posts.

29 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

30 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

No merit. Lol. Gotcha. Undefeated and beat Loretto Huntington GC but no merit. Lol. 

2 hours ago, mas1821 said:

He is not "way off".  He is referring to Mimi Mcbee as our PG that was sidelined the entire year until that game.  It was her first game action of the year.  

And you referring to everyone having to travel to state.  Yes, you are right.  Level playing field.  But if you think your team staying home, and another team riding 3 hrs on a bus to play you at home gives you no advantage, you have never played sports.

I played at every level so how about you? I also have coached and i never used a bus ride as a excuse for losing. Maybe in your ancient years old timer it was a impact but these days not so much. Like I said both of those teams have multiple girls traveling year round playing or practicing ball at alot higher level than high school. A little bus ride isn't why Loretto got beat. 

13 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

I played at every level so how about you? I also have coached and i never used a bus ride as a excuse for losing. Maybe in your ancient years old timer it was a impact but these days not so much. Like I said both of those teams have multiple girls traveling year round playing or practicing ball at alot higher level than high school. A little bus ride isn't why Loretto got beat. 

I also played at every level.  I'm not even 40.  I didn't say it's why they got beat.  I said it plays a factor.  Just like vegas odds change based on home court advantage.  You can play ignorant to fuel your agenda if you like, but everyone knows the truth outside of you homers.

2 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Thought it was a defensive game and Greenfield shot pretty bad but created more TO’s than Loretto therefore having more possessions. It was pretty even until Chloe took over the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game. What would have been interesting for Greenfield would have been could they still create the TO’s they did on the bigger floor because they didn’t last year against Loretto. And this is not that it would happen it is the fact that it would have had to happen to beat Greenfield. I will say Greenfield and their coaches done an excellent job of focusing more on defense this year and they were a lot better defensive team. They could have an ugly offensive game and beat you. Not so sure everyone else could.

10 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Thought it was a defensive game and Greenfield shot pretty bad but created more TO’s than Loretto therefore having more possessions. It was pretty even until Chloe took over the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game. What would have been interesting for Greenfield would have been could they still create the TO’s they did on the bigger floor because they didn’t last year against Loretto. And this is not that it would happen it is the fact that it would have had to happen to beat Greenfield. I will say Greenfield and their coaches done an excellent job of focusing more on defense this year and they were a lot better defensive team. They could have an ugly offensive game and beat you. Not so sure everyone else could.

That is how i saw it too. The worst shooting game Greenfield had all season. Im sure playing Loretto who beat them last year, putting ranked 1 and 2 against each other that early, Coach Harper in the stands, and the packed house in attendance which Westview said they can’t remember it being that packed in along time weighed in heavier on Greenfield.  Last years Greenfield  did have some blowouts but the competitive games were always within 10. IMO lack of defense but this year I agree that their staff focused on Defense more. They are alot better rounded team this year than past. I think that if Greenfield had indeed been in their comfort zone that would have been another 20 to 30 point game. hats off to all these girls and coaches that made it. Only bad scouting i saw was on Pickett not face guarding #4 on GC. What was he thinking??? Hope these teams get to finish.