Class A - State Championship Teams

MrMiyagi

25 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Proposal to TSSAA - 

Class A Championship - Since Greenfield has already beaten Loretto and Gibson County, the championship will be between Greenfield and Clark Range on a neutral court agreed upon by both teams. The date will be confirmed next week.  Sounds good to me. 

Yall barely beat Loretto maybe by 3 points... thats not enough to justify the outcome of this tournament. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Proposal to TSSAA - 

Class A Championship - Since Greenfield has already beaten Loretto and Gibson County, the championship will be between Greenfield and Clark Range on a neutral court agreed upon by both teams. The date will be confirmed next week.  Sounds good to me. 

That is the most selfish idea I have ever heard.   If one plays they all play. TSSAA would get sued for discrimination if they did something like that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

That is the most selfish idea I have ever heard.   If one plays they all play. TSSAA would get sued for discrimination if they did something like that.

that is just your typical Greenfield fan. They have a couple good years and all of the sudden they think they just dominate in everything:lol:

7 minutes ago, TNSPORTS1234 said:

that is just your typical Greenfield fan. They have a couple good years and all of the sudden they think they just dominate in everything:lol:

I do think personally they either play the games or they award co-champions to the teams left. And I know the boys hadn’t played either. But here is the argument for the girls. Teams and fans have spent tens of thousands of dollars on rooms, food, gas and vacation days to get there to have it cancelled. Girls have a vested interest in this tournament and should get closure some how. Lots of money was spent for a cancelled tournament.

Edited by pioneer42

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

I do think personally they either play the games or they award co-champions to the teams left. And I know the boys hadn’t played either. But here is the argument for the girls. Teams and fans have spent tens of thousands of dollars on rooms, food, gas and vacation days to get there to have it cancelled. Girls have a vested interest in this tournament and should get closure some how. Lots of money was spent for a cancelled tournament.

I agree 1,000%

9 minutes ago, TNSPORTS1234 said:

Greenfield is undefeated and this was supposed to be their year I understand. But the trophy is awarded like the NCAA in a tournament venue. I personally think awarding the teams left championships would ease the pain somewhat if they decide to cancel.

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Greenfield is undefeated and this was supposed to be their year I understand. But the trophy is awarded like the NCAA in a tournament venue. I personally think awarding the teams left championships would ease the pain somewhat if they decide to cancel.

That would basically be a "participation" trophy if you ask me.. Im not a big fan of participation trophies myself. I feel like that makes athletes weak minded. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I don't see that happening.  You can't determine a state champion based on past results during the regular season. Surely,  they aren't going to for something like that. Based on that reasoning,they would have to open up to all 3 classifications. I wouldn't think all 12 teams would agree with that. Thats assuming they got all the semis played. I may be wrong, but with the T$$AA, it wouldnt suprise me.  

Edited by gcfan2

43 minutes ago, TNSPORTS1234 said:

That would basically be a "participation" trophy if you ask me.. Im not a big fan of participation trophies myself. I feel like that makes athletes weak minded. 

I am not either, but it is not right for schools to lose thousands  of dollars that they don’t have excess of either. I have a senior family member on the team who is devastated that she probably played her last game

Edited by pioneer42

20 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I am not either, but it is not right for schools to lose thousand  of dollars that they don’t have excess of either. I have a senior family member on the team who is devastated that she probably played her last game

Im right there with ya brother! I just hope they get this all resolved.

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Proposal to TSSAA - 

This is pure ignorance.

1 hour ago, TNSPORTS1234 said:

Yall barely beat Loretto maybe by 3 points... thats not enough to justify the outcome of this tournament. 

30 minutes ago, WesTNFootball said:

Greenfield is the best team I’ve seen in awhile through any classification 

Thank you WestTnFootball. Greenfield has the best team possibly in the state all classes. Most people who are unbiased will tell you that. Its really an unbelievable team. 

Gibson County beat Westview at Westview and Greenfield had Gibson County 40-15 at halftime at Gibson County. It ended up 29 but could have been 40 pt game.

Union City beat Westview and Greenfield beat Union City by 40 at Union City and the second game against Union City was 56-14 at halftime.

So please dont ever say Westview would beat Greenfield this year. They played this summer and Greenfield won easily. I know this new Westview poster is running Greenfield down on every thread.  TNSPORTS1234, Hes been a member on Coach T since Monday and just trying to start things on every thread.

• Like 1