Will greenfield win class A?

Ballin2020

3 hours ago, Youknowitstru88 said:

You do know Greenfield beat GC by 30 in their home gym THIS year and then turned around and did it again by 18 or 20 Again in the regional tournament??    

What you do in regular season is good but means absolutely nothing in regards to a Gold Ball. All eight teams are in a hat and is a blind draw. It would have been interesting to see Greenfield have to play someone straight up that handled their pressure because they scored  tons of points off of TO’s. As in the Loretto game last year. Would have been interesting to see how their half court offense could manufacture points and get a W without the TO’s. Loretto beat them by handling their pressure and using it to their advantage.

35 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Not this GC team....

Pretty much the same Greenfield team though...what's your point?  And according to you Greenfield fans , you guys were the perennial "self appointed" State Champions last year.  What happened ? Oh yeah, GC brought home the Gold trophy. Once again, better on paper , doesnt translate to Championships. You think Greenfield is unbeatable? And just out of curiosity,  how many times has Greenfield been to the Boro? How many state championship Gold Balls do they have in their trophy case? How many Silver Balls do they have? Let's compare trophy cases!

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Not so sure about that. Single A would have been a true war. Clarkrange would have fought them to the wire. They beat Huntingdon by 40 and then you would have had to play the GC Loretto winner and that wouldnt have been easy on this big court.

In all honesty, I don't think we could've beat Loretto this year. They're a powerhouse and we're not the same team as last year, even though I'm extremely proud of how our girls played and how far they got. On the other side of the bracket, I think Greenfield v. ClarkRange could've went either way. My biggest concern with Greenfield is the way they play. If they got the wrong officiating crew, they'd have foul trouble early. In the end, I think Loretto would've won it all if it had played out. I was at the Greenfield v. Loretto early in the season at Westview and yes, it was like a home game for Greenfield. Greenfield won that day, but that game is like every other 1st half of the season game.....it's not played the same. Little Darby kept Greenfield in the game in the 1st half and Chloe took it over in the 4th. At the Boro and with the longer court, I predict Loretto would've won by 6-10. They're very long at every position, have a U-Conn recruit, and are better rebounders. Wished it all could've played out, because today would've been an awesome day of basketball. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

What you do in regular season is good but means absolutely nothing in regards to a Gold Ball. All eight teams are in a hat and is a blind draw. It would have been interesting to see Greenfield have to play someone straight up that handled their pressure because they scored  tons of points off of TO’s. As in the Loretto game last year. Would have been interesting to see how their half court offense could manufacture points and get a W without the TO’s. Loretto beat them by handling their pressure and using it to their advantage.

Yep. Great analysis. 

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

In all honesty, I don't think we could've beat Loretto this year. They're a powerhouse and we're not the same team as last year, even though I'm extremely proud of how our girls played and how far they got. On the other side of the bracket, I think Greenfield v. ClarkRange could've went either way. My biggest concern with Greenfield is the way they play. If they got the wrong officiating crew, they'd have foul trouble early. In the end, I think Loretto would've won it all if it had played out. I was at the Greenfield v. Loretto early in the season at Westview and yes, it was like a home game for Greenfield. Greenfield won that day, but that game is like every other 1st half of the season game.....it's not played the same. Little Darby kept Greenfield in the game in the 1st half and Chloe took it over in the 4th. At the Boro and with the longer court, I predict Loretto would've won by 6-10. They're very long at every position, have a U-Conn recruit, and are better rebounders. Wished it all could've played out, because today would've been an awesome day of basketball. 

Who on Loretto is being recruited by UConn? 

1 hour ago, gcfan2 said:

Pretty much the same Greenfield team though...what's your point?  And according to you Greenfield fans , you guys were the perennial "self appointed" State Champions last year.  What happened ? Oh yeah, GC brought home the Gold trophy. Once again, better on paper , doesnt translate to Championships. You think Greenfield is unbeatable? And just out of curiosity,  how many times has Greenfield been to the Boro? How many state championship Gold Balls do they have in their trophy case? How many Silver Balls do they have? Let's compare trophy cases!

My point is this GC team couldn't beat this Greenfield team in any scenario short of a team sickness or multiple player injuries. #FACTS

24 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

My point is this GC team couldn't beat this Greenfield team in any scenario short of a team sickness or multiple player injuries. #FACTS

That is an opinion. GC has the best post player up there period. Bilbrey looked like the best post player I seen yesterday besides Hart and she hung on her all game and Hart still had 22 and if the refs called the times they hung on her arm she would have had 35. Greenfield lives off of creating TO’s. GC handled Pickett County’s press the whole game for the most part and they pressed the whole game. GC had the best inside game up there. FACT!!! Clarkrange’s guards were legit. Take a straight up game where a team handles their pressure they were not the best half court offensive team up there.

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

Oh.. I see. Your pretty clever! Pretty cocky.  I know. You can be because you have 2 studs and a good coach. But I do like that response!!! These two programs are on a different level in terms of history. Check back with when you have a few more state Tournament appearances and some Gold or Silver balls, Regional, Substate and District  Championship plaques, then we can talk!  As I stated on numerous post, Greenfield is the favorite to win based on paper and they very well may . This year. Repeat apperances are what shows a quality program. You have a good coach, not sure about your feeder schools, but GC is locked and loaded. Has been since the late 80's. If they do win this year, congratulations. Your girls worked hard and would deserve it. Good day. And those are the facts too!!

1 hour ago, gcfan2 said:

Oh.. I see. Your pretty clever! Pretty cocky.  I know. You can be because you have 2 studs and a good coach. But I do like that response!!! These two programs are on a different level in terms of history. Check back with when you have a few more state Tournament appearances and some Gold or Silver balls, Regional, Substate and District  Championship plaques, then we can talk!  As I stated on numerous post, Greenfield is the favorite to win based on paper and they very well may . This year. Repeat apperances are what shows a quality program. You have a good coach, not sure about your feeder schools, but GC is locked and loaded. Has been since the late 80's. If they do win this year, congratulations. Your girls worked hard and would deserve it. Good day. And those are the facts too!!

Nobody is talking about history and tradition except the Gibson County fans.  Yes GC has a lot of both but to down play how great Greenfield has been all year is a disgrace.  I don't care for Greenfield but they had one of the best teams I have ever seen.  No reason to be offended by people saying they would have won the state if it had been finished.  GC played the best game they could play in the regional championship and still got beat 17 or 18.  Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of because Greenfield monkey stomped everybody but Loretto this year. I thought Loretto would have a chance if they played again but that isn't going to happen. GC fans talk about Dresden fans but they really need to take a good long look at themselves.