Will greenfield win class A?

Ballin2020

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Best team in 20 years....?? A very good team, yes... but the Riverdale’s, Blackman’s, Oakland’s, Memphis Central’s, Bradley Central’s of years past would have a lot to say about that. 

They’re one of the best in West Tennessee, sure... I would like to see this Greenfield team against the Westview’s with Rechis, GC’s with Butler, and Obion County’s with Fussell...

Id like to see them just play Westview. Westview's defense would run them out of the gym..

2 hours ago, Redrage4life said:

Greenfield is one of the best high school girl's team that I have seen in the last 20 years.  I'll put them up against any team in A, AA, or AAA.  I think they can/will win the Gold Ball in single A, and could win it in Double AA, heck they could give AAA a run for their money.  They really haven't had any competition in the regular season or post season up to this point.  The round house is the great equalizer when it comes to shooting and scoring.  That would be my only fear for them.  Awesome Team from top to bottom.

You must have missed the Loretto/Greenfield game this year.  They definitely had competition that day!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TNSPORTS1234 said:

Id like to see them just play Westview. Westview's defense would run them out of the gym..

Well........thats not going to happen, because they won't play each other.  Why.....I don't know.  It would be a great game, but my money is on Greenfield.  They have to many ballhandlers not to be able to handle the pressure.  Westview is a great team too!!

3 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Best team in 20 years....?? A very good team, yes... but the Riverdale’s, Blackman’s, Oakland’s, Memphis Central’s, Bradley Central’s of years past would have a lot to say about that.

I said.......ONE of the best teams I've seen in 20 years.  Their record in the last 4 years is 122-13 with a gold ball and possible two after this year.  That's an impressive run for any school. 

7 minutes ago, Redrage4life said:

Well........thats not going to happen, because they won't play each other.  Why.....I don't know.  It would be a great game, but my money is on Greenfield.  They have to many ballhandlers not to be able to handle the pressure.  Westview is a great team too!!

I have never understood why they are so close but never play each other.. Dont get me wrong  Im not saying it wouldnt be a good game. It honestly is just one of those things we will never know.. sadly

49 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

You must have missed the Loretto/Greenfield game this year.  They definitely had competition that day!

I was at that game.  Loretto played really well that day.  However, that was early in the season and Greenfield hadn't hit their stride yet.  Average margin of victory for the season is over 30 points.  I would say that is a lack of competitive games.

10 minutes ago, Redrage4life said:

I was at that game.  Loretto played really well that day.  However, that was early in the season and Greenfield hadn't hit their stride yet.  Average margin of victory for the season is over 30 points.  I would say that is a lack of competitive games.

That was the first action of the year for Loretto's McBee, and Loretto had a 2+ hr bus ride to play in a home environment for Greenfield.  

Greenfield was already striding pretty well, and several west TN coacht'rs were picking Greenfield by 15-20 since it was basically a home game for them and we had a starter that had been out up until that game.

With all of those factors in play, Greenfield got all they wanted and only won by 6.

Be careful how you hype your team.  I've seen a lot of hype for undefeated teams on CoachT over the past 15 years, and moreso than not, it turns out not so well for them at the Murphy Center.

Greenfield has a great chance to finish out a special season, but they are definitely beatable... and they could even fall short of the championship game again.  We will get a better idea of how concerned you Greenfield praisers should be after we see what happens in the Clarkrange/Huntingdon game.  I think it will be a good game, but if Clarkrange blows Huntingdon out, I predict a lot less confidence from y'all on CoachT as of 3/12/20.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redrage4life said:

I said.......ONE of the best teams I've seen in 20 years.  Their record in the last 4 years is 122-13 with a gold ball and possible two after this year.  That's an impressive run for any school. 

Greenfield has to be the favorite. Pickett Co is 112-16 in the last 4 years and 141-19 in the last 5. But they are still a young team with only one senior and next year may be their year. We're proud they got there for the 5th time in 6 years, but know Greenfield and Loretto are the heavy favorites. PC should have won it 2 years ago when they were up by 13 in the third quarter and then played their worst 4 minutes in years. But, you can't let up and Greenfield won and went on to beat two weaker teams easily. Congratulations on an unbeaten regular season and good luck to all teams that have made this huge accomplishment of making it to the state!

12 hours ago, Redrage4life said:

Greenfield is one of the best high school girl's team that I have seen in the last 20 years.  I'll put them up against any team in A, AA, or AAA.  I think they can/will win the Gold Ball in single A, and could win it in Double AA, heck they could give AAA a run for their money.  They really haven't had any competition in the regular season or post season up to this point.  The round house is the great equalizer when it comes to shooting and scoring.  That would be my only fear for them.  Awesome Team from top to bottom.

Easy killer let’s not get too far out on the limb here. Clarkrange’s 08 team is the best Class A team in the past 20 years IMO. That’s not even counting AA or AAA. Greenfield would not be favored over Macon County this year or someone like Blackman in AAA.  They are a very good Class A team that has a chance to win a state championship for the 2nd time. When you win 4 State Championships in a row and 7 state championships in a span of 14 years like Jackson County did, come talk to me. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

8 hours ago, Redrage4life said:

You’re going to give Greenfieldfan a coronary if you keep on lol

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Like 1