Upperman vs Westview

sportslover88

7 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

They haven’t lost this year (2020) had 2 starters injured before January and the unbeatable juggernaut Westview has lost a game (to a mediocre Single A team) this year BTW

Don't think anyone claims Westview is an unbeatable juggernaut. For the record, the so-called mediocre Single A was Union City by 2 in overtime without UNA signee Alexis Callins. Union City had Final 4 participant Gibson Co. beat in the region semis on GC floor late in the 4th. Union City was NOT mediocre this year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Don't think anyone claims Westview is an unbeatable juggernaut. For the record, the so-called mediocre Single A was Union City by 2 in overtime without UNA signee Alexis Callins. Union City had Final 4 participant Gibson Co. beat in the region semis on GC floor late in the 4th. Union City was NOT mediocre this year.

Have you read through this Thread it’s all about how Westview was going to steamroll Upperman and Macon to the Gold Ball. There was no reason to play those games really. 
I see it’s perfectly ok for Westview to lose a close game without a starter (they still had the future Hall of Famer Freshman BTW) but for Macon to lose by 3 to Westmoreland (a top 10 team that made the Sub-State in AA and only lost by 4 at Nolensville) without 2 Sr starters before Thanksgiving is inexcusable. Macon got healthy and manhandled Westmoreland by 17 in a rematch. Westmoreland is better than at least 2 teams that made the State Tournament.

Edited by Khall555

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

They haven’t lost this year (2020) had 2 starters injured before January and the unbeatable juggernaut Westview has lost a game (to a mediocre Single A team) this year BTW

without a starter (Alexis Callins). She would have made way more than a 2 point difference in that game.  Oh and I guess I didnt get the memo that the 2019-2020 were two seperate seasons that they just combined records on.... lmao you sound pathetic. LIKE I SAID NEXT PLEASE!

14 minutes ago, TNSPORTS1234 said:

without a starter (Alexis Callins). She would have made way more than a 2 point difference in that game.  Oh and I guess I didnt get the memo that the 2019-2020 were two seperate seasons that they just combined records on.... lmao you sound pathetic. LIKE I SAID NEXT PLEASE!

Harrison played in that game right?

Read above Macon had 2 starters out and lost by 3 to a top 10 AA team. 

1 hour ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Union City has two D-1 players that can play. When they are dialed in, they are tough as nails. Ball pressure got them beat against GC late. They didn’t handle a press well at all. Union City and Summertown both figure out how to handle presses better they can beat any one in the state.

1 hour ago, TNSPORTS1234 said:

Well the east isnt that strong then lmao:lol: what about the record comment on the year? lol. Find someone else to argue with because this is just one sided.

Macon is 6-0 vs the remaining teams 

Westview is 0-1 vs the remaining teams

Westmoreland is better than Melrose and G-Pittman IMO and pretty equal to Grainger. 

2 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Have you read through this Thread it’s all about how Westview was going to steamroll Upperman and Macon to the Gold Ball. There was no reason to play those games really. 
I see it’s perfectly ok for Westview to lose a close game without a starter (they still had the future Hall of Famer Freshman BTW) but for Macon to lose by 3 to Westmoreland (a top 10 team that made the Sub-State in AA and only lost by 4 at Nolensville) without 2 Sr starters before Thanksgiving is inexcusable. Macon got healthy and manhandled Westmoreland by 17 in a rematch. Westmoreland is better than at least 2 teams that made the State Tournament.

Yes I have read it and just re-read! The only use of juggernaut was people describing Macon. Greenfieldfan made a reference to Westview winning the Gold Ball and that's the only mention of Westview in a confident vane. I presented facts to answer your claim about their "mediocre loss" and you go off defending Macon's loss again. I have voted Macon Co. #1 in the AP Poll all season and they looked it Thursday. The few Westview posters on here have made no claims they were going to steamroll anyone. If another thread has made you believe that, they were from elsewhere trying to elicit just that type of response.

Edited by NWhoopaholic
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Macon County would best Westview handily after watching them at state. The only team that would give Macon a good game would be Greenfield. 

After watching Clarke Range and Loretto. Greenfield is lucky that the tournament is on suspension lol. But its alright Greenfield doesnt have any hope after this year so lets let them keep talking while they can. Next year they will be at home watching highlights. 

Edited by TNSPORTS1234

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

Macon is 6-0 vs the remaining teams 

Westview is 0-1 vs the remaining teams

Westmoreland is better than Melrose and G-Pittman IMO and pretty equal to Grainger. 

Westview hasnt played any of the teams remaining? so where are you getting these faulty statements? like I said time and time again NEXT!!!

38 minutes ago, TNSPORTS1234 said:

Westview hasnt played any of the teams remaining? so where are you getting these faulty statements? like I said time and time again NEXT!!!

The thing that bothered me about Westview the last game and they played a real good team in Grainger is who is their go to girl in the low post? When the chips fell their big three in Harrison, Callins and Yancey did well but I didn’t see them dishing it to the post. And that I thought was a trademark of Haskins’ offenses having a go to post when buckets are needed in close games.