Former Shelbyville HC now OC at Summit

Not going to argue his character if he did what all some of you say he did.  That part I have no clue.  But as far as taking a HC job where he is making much more money for his family than he would be in Williamson County as an assistant (where the coaching pay sucks) why is he being judged for that?  Sont give me the crap about him making a commitment to the kids.  Many coaches have left programs after promising the kids the world including Coleman.  Coaches need to do what is best for their families. 

4 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Not going to argue his character if he did what all some of you say he did.  That part I have no clue.  But as far as taking a HC job where he is making much more money for his family than he would be in Williamson County as an assistant (where the coaching pay sucks) why is he being judged for that?  Sont give me the crap about him making a commitment to the kids.  Many coaches have left programs after promising the kids the world including Coleman.  Coaches need to do what is best for their families. 

The one big problem with this thought is, because of his recent serious issues, Coleman and that Summit administration had to strongly go to bat for him to their County board to get him hired. So, put yourselves in their shoes. Also, should he have ditched them after all that? Meanwhile, the administration where he is going has had some issues recently, so maybe they are a perfect match? I’m guessing he’ll never be back in this state as a coach for a variety of reasons.

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

The one big problem with this thought is, because of his recent serious issues, Coleman and that Summit administration had to strongly go to bat for him to their County board to get him hired. So, put yourselves in their shoes. Also, should he have ditched them after all that? Meanwhile, the administration where he is going has had some issues recently, so maybe they are a perfect match? I’m guessing he’ll never be back in this state as a coach for a variety of reasons.

That is the pot calling the kettle black with all the issues that Coleman has had this past year.   Not fair to hold one accountable and the condemn the other for virtually the same mistake.  I do feel bad for those kids but ultimately they are seeing extremely similar situations which ended with different results.  Coleman did a great job last year and kids are much more resilient than we give them credit for.  I hope Palmer does come back to the area because it is good for football.  He is a good coach, and given the right situation he would be welcome back in Williamson County because the Central Office doesn't really get involved with athletics

46 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

That is the pot calling the kettle black with all the issues that Coleman has had this past year.   Not fair to hold one accountable and the condemn the other for virtually the same mistake.  I do feel bad for those kids but ultimately they are seeing extremely similar situations which ended with different results.  Coleman did a great job last year and kids are much more resilient than we give them credit for.  I hope Palmer does come back to the area because it is good for football.  He is a good coach, and given the right situation he would be welcome back in Williamson County because the Central Office doesn't really get involved with athletics

Virtually the same mistake? I don’t think anyone knows the extent of all the issues with Palmer...not even close. I don’t think they would compare to Coleman’s mistakes. But, for argument sake, let’s say they are equal. The reason why he won’t be welcome back is two fold...all the issues off the field that can easily be researched and also the way he left at Summit, after one week. His reputation will be completely ruined around here to be sure. He is from Alabama anyway and I’d expect him to remain there. 

Edited by sportsguy22

13 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Virtually the same mistake? I don’t think anyone knows the extent of all the issues with a Palmer...not even close. I don’t think they would compare to Coleman’s mistakes. But, for argument sake, let’s see they are equal. The reason why he won’t be welcome back is two fold...all the issues off the field that can easily be researched and also the way he left at Summit, after one week. His reputation will be completely ruined around here to be sure. He is from Alabama anyway and I’d expect him to remain there. 

You may be right.  I do t think any of us know the extent of either one of their mistakes from what I have heard.  Like I said if the right situation arises he will be welcome back.  If an Indy, Ravenwood, Brentwood or Page had openings do you think they would care what happened at Summit.   All those coaches are secure in their jobs and should be.  I think they would welcome a coach the caliber of Palmer.  Just my opinion but I don't think this hurts him at other schools within the system.  

7 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

You may be right.  I do t think any of us know the extent of either one of their mistakes from what I have heard.  Like I said if the right situation arises he will be welcome back.  If an Indy, Ravenwood, Brentwood or Page had openings do you think they would care what happened at Summit.   All those coaches are secure in their jobs and should be.  I think they would welcome a coach the caliber of Palmer.  Just my opinion but I don't think this hurts him at other schools within the system.  

We will agree to disagree on this one. I can’t see any schools around here hiring him again...none. Way, way too much baggage and they can easily find out what all went down in his four years at Shelbyville. It will eliminate that slight chance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 7:26 AM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

The assistant football coaching pay does suck, but the teacher pay is good. This does suck for Coleman, because it can be difficult  to get assistant coaches hired in Williamson County because of the focus on academics.

Edited by MidStateFan1

2 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

The assistant football coaching pay does suck, but the teacher pay is good. This does suck for Coleman, because it can be difficult  to get assistant coaches hired in Williamson County because of the focus on academics.

If they got Palmer hired then I have to question the focus on academics at Summit.  Just saying if some of the things were done that Palmer is accused of and the principal at Summit still hired him then I would argue she doesn't put academics or even students first.  JMO

22 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

If they got Palmer hired then I have to question the focus on academics at Summit.  Just saying if some of the things were done that Palmer is accused of and the principal at Summit still hired him then I would argue she doesn't put academics or even students first.  JMO

Yes, but he had to work really hard to get him hired from what I have heard. 

10 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Yes, but he had to work really hard to get him hired from what I have heard. 

I live just across the county line from Summit. Drive through their parking lot one day and just look at the tags on the cars   You will see a number of Maury County tags.  Spring Hill and Columbia kids are flooding to Williamson County school.  I can't blame the parents and the kids   I would have done the same thing.  However it is the admins responsibility to stop that at Summit.  If I were a resident of Williamson County I would be pissed   Their tax dollars supporting kids not in their county Teachers have to pay 5k to bring their kids out of zone but Summit allows it to happen if they are good athlete.  My whole point is that morality is not the top priority   So getting coaches will not be an issue.

23 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I live just across the county line from Summit. Drive through their parking lot one day and just look at the tags on the cars   You will see a number of Maury County tags.  Spring Hill and Columbia kids are flooding to Williamson County school.  I can't blame the parents and the kids   I would have done the same thing.  However it is the admins responsibility to stop that at Summit.  If I were a resident of Williamson County I would be pissed   Their tax dollars supporting kids not in their county Teachers have to pay 5k to bring their kids out of zone but Summit allows it to happen if they are good athlete.  My whole point is that morality is not the top priority   So getting coaches will not be an issue.

You drive through the parking lot looking at license plates?? That sounds pretty weird to me. Last time I checked, license plates are good for a year. People are allowed to move. This is the dumbest argument I've ever seen or read on a thread on coach t. You really seem to have it out for summit, which is hilarious because you haven't seemed to until they had some success and made it to the state championship game. You might want to do some more research, or know more facts before bashing an administration for their hiring process or what they think is important to a school. From what I've gathered, the kids and academics come first at every school in Williamson County, including Summit.  That's never going to change. Stop being bitter, and move on.