TSSAA Football Re-Classification

sportsguy22

3 hours ago, Djohnson said:

They should have plenty of time because this year will be canceled 

Listening to the meeting contracts run out this November if I am not mistaken. Scheduling contracts have to be renewed for two years as well. Listening to comments of board members they didn’t seem to anxious to tackle that right now, IMO. I would bet TSSAA hasn’t met in their own office face to face since last March. Board members I think had their first zoom phone meeting the other day. We will see. My bet is they extend it two more years without reclassifying because they will be busy trying to get seasons in. Keep in mind seasons are cancelled very possible TSSAA may not be here either because they may be out of money.

Edited by pioneer42

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Listening to the meeting contracts run out this November if I am not mistaken. Scheduling contracts have to be renewed for two years as well. Listening to comments of board members they didn’t seem to anxious to tackle that right now, IMO. I would bet TSSAA hasn’t met in their own office face to face since last March. Board members I think had their first zoom phone meeting the other day. We will see. My bet is they extend it two more years without reclassifying because they will be busy trying to get seasons in. Keep in mind seasons are cancelled very possible TSSAA may not be here either because they may be out of money.

I would assume that TSSAA will do everything they can to have football and everything else so that they can continue to get paid and stay relevant. But if it is out of their hands and seasons don’t happen and TSSAA is gone, what will happen when we can start playing again?

11 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

I would assume that TSSAA will do everything they can to have football and everything else so that they can continue to get paid and stay relevant. But if it is out of their hands and seasons don’t happen and TSSAA is gone, what will happen when we can start playing again?

I don’t know what will happen. They need money to survive. No basketball states last year and if your whole seasons are cancelled this year where do you get your money? Stimulus money isn’t much. I was told by people in the know that they couldn’t survive without football this year. I honestly don’t know what happens. They are funded by us fans.

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I don’t know what will happen. They need money to survive. No basketball states last year and if your whole seasons are cancelled this year where do you get your money? Stimulus money isn’t much. I was told by people in the know that they couldn’t survive without football this year. I honestly don’t know what happens. They are funded by us fans.

I would guess they dissolve while there is no money coming in and then restart when ball restarts, but at a much smaller capacity while they try to rebuild capital.