Tweet Governor Lee

ChineseFlu

4 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

here

billl@fnal.gov         also     https://www.tn.gov/governor/contact-us.html

4 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

here

billl@fnal.gov         also     https://www.tn.gov/governor/contact-us.html

I appreciate it. I will for sure send it. I will do my part to help. I have already been a victim as my girl lost her senior year at the Final Four in basketball. We won the state last year and am very thankful. And we will look at numbers day by day. I can understand Lee extending the order out a month, but two months is a head scratcher and I heard nobody is happy right now and people bigger than me and you. You think the college football world is happy that they will have players having to sit out and not play before they come to college?

16 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I appreciate it. I will for sure send it. I will do my part to help. I have already been a victim as my girl lost her senior year at the Final Four in basketball. We won the state last year and am very thankful. And we will look at numbers day by day. I can understand Lee extending the order out a month, but two months is a head scratcher and I heard nobody is happy right now and people bigger than me and you. You think the college football world is happy that they will have players having to sit out and not play before they come to college?

It sucks a lot of kids this Spring lost there SR season in spring sports also. I understand that he wants to slow the spread. We still don’t know what the school system has in place for kids returning to school even if they do. If we don’t it don’t take a scientist to know if we don’t do something this can get way out of control. I hate it but not going to get on here and just cause it’s football raise heck about it. Where was everyone when the other sports that got canceled?

Edited by Djohnson

6 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

It sucks a lot of kids this Spring lost there SR season in spring sports also. I understand that he wants to slow the spread. We still don’t know what the school system has in place for kids returning to school even if they do. If we don’t it don’t take a scientist to know if we don’t do something this can get way out of control. I hate it but not going to get on here and just cause it’s football raise heck about it. Where was everyone when the other sports that got canceled?

People will make a stand as to which sport they spectate or somehow have a hand in. Be it Coaching, refereeing, spectating, parent of players etc.  Not sure which other sports have as many kids on a team as football might have. Not to mention a following like football. Theres a big reason football makes the money it does and is able to fund other sports... The spectators are there.

5 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

It's not just football. Many girl soccer parents are irate right now. The basketball tournaments were cancelled based on absolute media and political hysteria and reports of a death rate equal to the Spanish Flu. When school shut down for the year, spring sports were done. At this time we have 3 plus months of data from here and abroad showing the virus' danger was greatly overstated and school age kids are rarely affected. School will also likely be back in session in some form. It was the wrong call to shut sports in most TN counties down in the spring. TSSAA should have played games with limited or no fans especially if they were getting close to $400k from the government bailout. 

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

It's not just football. Many girl soccer parents are irate right now. The basketball tournaments were cancelled based on absolute media and political hysteria and reports of a death rate equal to the Spanish Flu. When school shut down for the year, spring sports were done. At this time we have 3 plus months of data from here and abroad showing the virus' danger was greatly overstated and school age kids are rarely affected. School will also likely be back in session in some form. It was the wrong call to shut sports in most TN counties down in the spring. TSSAA should have played games with limited or no fans especially if they were getting close to $400k from the government bailout. 

That makes them not have to care though. I mean if you are getting paid and not having to work for it you think they are actually gonna go against the grain?

20 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

That makes them not have to care though. I mean if you are getting paid and not having to work for it you think they are actually gonna go against the grain?

I'm afraid that payoff is what made football a luxury. They no longer have to work and have a successful football season to get paid. They have done very little since March (correct me if I'm wrong) but no one was laid off and they got paid. There's talk of another stimulus. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

I'm afraid that payoff is what made football a luxury. They no longer have to work and have a successful football season to get paid. They have done very little since March (correct me if I'm wrong) but no one was laid off and they got paid. There's talk of another stimulus. 

I don’t think TSSAA wants to rely on stimulus checks. They lost more than $400,000 not having no basketball and baseball and softball tournaments. I have spoken to a couple of these guys and believe me they need football and all sports revenue right now.