Friday Main Event Region Previews and Predictions begin Next Week!

We will conclude the last of our region preview shows today at 6pm (central) as we discuss class 6A.   Please join us as we'll have "LIVE CHAT" available throughout the premiere tonight.  If you've missed any of the previous 5 classes and would like to go back and review any of those, their available on our YouTube Channel.   Though it isn't required to watch the content, we'd appreciate you hitting the "Subscribe" button when you arrive so you'll receive notifications when go live each week.

Friday Main Event YouTube Channel is a non-profit channel run by a couple of average guys who love high school football and hope to provide a little extra exposure for programs, kids, and Coaches.  

We really appreciate the support CoachT.com has given us and look forward to another season of high school football and the third season in a row of partnering up with Jim Thompson here at CoachT.

Here is a link to the show tonight.   Hope you guys enjoy!

Friday Main Event Class 6A Region Preview

5A once again is like looking like the most competitive class. There is legitimately 8 or 9 teams in East Tennessee and another 8 or 9 in middle and West Tennessee that can make it to Cookeville especially if you get hot at the right time. 

Region 3 and 5 are going to be fun to watch who comes out on top. Region 1 has been fun to watch as well the last few years. Region 2 will be interesting to see what Central does with a new HC. I think the train keeps rolling there but we will see. How will South Doyle look without Young at RB? Knox Gibbs is going to be interesting to watch they have some talent to make some noise. Region 4 will be a 3-way dog fight between Soddy Rhea and Walker Valley. Walker Valley will be the team to watch. WV has a good group of talented players coming back that will challenge Soddy and Rhea. Soddy will be strong again. Rhea has 8 players returning on defense and have potential to be very good. Offensively they have to replace a couple key guys but have a solid group returning on offense led by Dalton Hampton. 

We will see how covid affects everything, hopefully not too much, but we will see. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

5A once again is like looking like the most competitive class. There is legitimately 8 or 9 teams in East Tennessee and another 8 or 9 in middle and West Tennessee that can make it to Cookeville especially if you get hot at the right time. 

Region 3 and 5 are going to be fun to watch who comes out on top. Region 1 has been fun to watch as well the last few years. Region 2 will be interesting to see what Central does with a new HC. I think the train keeps rolling there but we will see. How will South Doyle look without Young at RB? Knox Gibbs is going to be interesting to watch they have some talent to make some noise. Region 4 will be a 3-way dog fight between Soddy Rhea and Walker Valley. Walker Valley will be the team to watch. WV has a good group of talented players coming back that will challenge Soddy and Rhea. Soddy will be strong again. Rhea has 8 players returning on defense and have potential to be very good. Offensively they have to replace a couple key guys but have a solid group returning on offense led by Dalton Hampton. 

We will see how covid affects everything, hopefully not too much, but we will see. 

Right on the money, several teams in the east and several from middle and west that can make it to Cookeville. There is no clear cut favorite, at least not right now. Will be fun to see how everything plays out. 

GO BIG RED!!