2020 Single A Discussion

Rockstar89

19 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Our first Single A state game is in the books: Summertown 3, Meigs Co. 0.

Despite being undefeated, Meigs County only gets past 10 in one set. Hope the girls are still having fun, sounds like it was a rough game.

Hey congratulations, hope they win and probably will. Yep they are having a really good time thanks for asking. I had 3 key takeaways from the game:

1. Summertown= really good

2. Summertown fans=really good

3. Rockstar89= MORON!! I bet you've never even seen them play. Should go watch, alot better than watching scores from your parents basement lolol.

3 hours ago, AAFEVER said:

Hey congratulations, hope they win and probably will. Yep they are having a really good time thanks for asking. I had 3 key takeaways from the game:

1. Summertown= really good

2. Summertown fans=really good

3. Rockstar89= MORON!! I bet you've never even seen them play. Should go watch, alot better than watching scores from your parents basement lolol.

I agree with everything you say.... especially #3. :roflol:

I love that you guys have so much pride in your school. It's actually the way that it should be. I love the small town spirit and wish more people had it these days. That said, I have never once belittled anyone personally on this thread. I hope you feel better about yourself for stepping up in this way. 

I do not need to see Meig Co. play live and in person to know that you would get beat by the reigning state champions who are probably one of the better single A schools since the privates left. 

If anything else I have said offends you I truly apologize Meigs Co fans! Good luck today...

Edited by Rockstar89

9 hours ago, Bigtime1 said:

Rockstar 89. You keep making comments about how Halls/ Union City only made it because of Covid , what 2 other teams from that distract/ region should be there instead if there was no Covid? Those girls have no dealings with how the TSSAA aligns the regions out. They show up in mid June practice hard play a season just like everyone else does and are downgraded because they make the state? In the AA topics you picked Covington as 1 of your 8 to make the state and best I remember Halls & Covington split on the season going 5 sets both times. So Covid or no Covid there would be 2 teams from that end of the state playing in the final 8 even if they are serving underhanded or not & it’s not there fault it’s the systems and they shouldn’t be told they are only there because of a pandemic!

To not have them play it out and just give it to two teams from District 13 is poor planning by the TSSAAA. If you know that the teams in Memphis aren't going to participate, figure something out instead of just giving teams a BYE all the way to the state tournament. Region 7 (District 13 & 14) & Region 8 (District 15 & 16) are the LARGEST in the state in single A. Twenty three teams did not participate in a District or Region tournament due to Covid and UC & Halls were just given the slots without having to play Region semi or a sectional game. I don't have specs on each and every one of those 23 teams, and honestly they are probably some pretty weak teams. Maybe they would have been the two to make it. I don't know. Halls made it the last couple of years. But with Laynee Dew gone, I doubt they are the same team.  Too many teams have FOUGHT & BATTLED to get to where they are. And other teams that lost those battles in closely contested matches are sitting at home and could compete. 

And speaking about Covington, they are almost in the same boat. They were up against BYES as well and I knew they had already trounced Ripley in season and in District and would have to play them in Region again because of it. They did have a good win against Lexington.

I do agree with that but that’s not those teams fault. I do know on any given day teams preform different, saying that Covington beat a good Lexington team which won the district over a good Chester County team and seeing you have a daughter at Freed you know the caliber of play that Chester County has. 

15 hours ago, Cashmeout said:

Nope. Just figured our girl athletes could beat summertowns football team. I’m proud of our team, most of our girls play basketball & softball plus picking up volleyball. We didn’t serve underhand or just show up for fun. We came to play and we are humble enough to realize we need to keep working. But, the difference is we will keep having our girls play several sports, keep enjoying watching them play and keep supporting our players and our coaches. In the meantime I’m sure summertown will get a trophy, but we’ll be deep in football playoffs, girls basketball playoffs, and softball playoffs. Our kids will keep succeeding and we’ll keep saying it’s great to be from Meigs County. 

Where is Meigs County?  I could google it but why would I?

20 minutes ago, Bigtime1 said:

I do agree with that but that’s not those teams fault. I do know on any given day teams preform different, saying that Covington beat a good Lexington team which won the district over a good Chester County team and seeing you have a daughter at Freed you know the caliber of play that Chester County has. 

You are right, it is not those teams fault. I truly wish them the best and hope they can pull out a win. I just know what a HUGE deal it is to make it to the tourney for most teams - and what a heartbreak for other teams who come close, but don't make it. 

Matchup Number 6 for District 12 foes Summertown-Loretto winners Bracket Finals.  State Titles the last 2 years from these 2. Loretto 0-5 this year with some competitive Matches.  The Colors in Crowd will be Black and Blue.  Some of the players will be Black and Blue after this one is over as hard as these 2 teams play!   

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Timeslowdownplease said:

Matchup Number 6 for District 12 foes Summertown-Loretto winners Bracket Finals.  State Titles the last 2 years from these 2. Loretto 0-5 this year with some competitive Matches.  The Colors in Crowd will be Black and Blue.  Some of the players will be Black and Blue after this one is over as hard as these 2 teams play!   

And I bet there is a good chance they end up playing #7 on Friday, too!

Congrats to Summertown & Loretto for moving on to the final four, and to Meigs & South Green who battle and stay alive to fight another day! Halls & Union City are eliminated leaving us with 6 in single A.

Watertown fought hard and probably gave Summertown as close as a match as they have had in a while. 

I will take Sale Creek & Watertown moving on to join Summertown & Loretto in the final four. Watertown over Sale Creek and then, Loretto over Watertown in a neck and neck battle to see who plays Summertown in the finals on Friday. Best of luck to all!

Just noticed that Karly Weathers (Loretto)  had 28 kills yesterday vs. Sale Creek. Does anyone know, is that a record or close to it for the single A tournament? I don’t know when I I have seen a team rely on one player so heavily. When I saw them play this season they set her at outside, middle, back row...if it was a clean pass, the setter was looking for where she was on the floor - and most of the time even when everyone in the gym knows who it’s going to, she is still difficult to stop. I’m interested to see how Summertown handles her as they have so well this season in thier 5 previous matchups.