Greenback @ Loudon

orngnblk

4 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Greenback isn’t replacing those cats unless they have some more transfers they magically pull out tonight. Loudon still has their QB and I like them by several scores on a dry field. Wet field tonight will keep it close. Greenback has best line play in 1A this year and will try and pound it to not ask the Freshman to make mistakes. I will stick with Loudon by multiple scores still. East still goes through Greenback though! I’m just keeping it real

I look for Greenback and South Pitt to face off again in the semis this year. This time at Beene. Not a good matchup for the Cherokees. 

I'm sticking with a 1 score margin victory for Loudon, but that is entirely on the basis that I have no idea what Loudon is bringing to the table this year. Greenback has won 3 of the last 5, and without scrimmages, I don't really have anything to go on other than that I expect a competitive game. 

2 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

I look for Greenback and South Pitt to face off again in the semis this year. This time at Beene. Not a good matchup for the Cherokees. 

I'm sticking with a 1 score margin victory for Loudon, but that is entirely on the basis that I have no idea what Loudon is bringing to the table this year. Greenback has won 3 of the last 5, and without scrimmages, I don't really have anything to go on other than that I expect a competitive game. 

Shoot, I'd say Louden by 21.Then again, Greenback is holding their cards close. They may have A's in the hole.

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

Shoot, I'd say Louden by 21.Then again, Greenback is holding their cards close. They may have A's in the hole.

That's the bittersweet part about this season. COVID has gifted us with a what should be a surprising season where the unexpected CAN and WILL happen, while at the same time left us armchair QBs with a whole lot of unknowns and that drives me crazy. 

5 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

That's the bittersweet part about this season. COVID has gifted us with a what should be a surprising season where the unexpected CAN and WILL happen, while at the same time left us armchair QBs with a whole lot of unknowns and that drives me crazy. 

I won't be picking in the Big Ones. LOL

I just hope we can line up and not turn it over every time we get it.All speculations will come to fruition soon enough.I find it humorous that sooo many are wondering "what we got" South Pitt has loaded up in the off season and everyone is worried about little Ole Greenback.We are young and if we can compete with the schedule we have as young as we are we may be pretty good for a few years.This year will be the learning curve for the younguns.This is the first time in YEARS I have no idea what we look like.We will be big and fairly quick at all positions so we shall see!

Just now, orngnblk said:

I just hope we can line up and not turn it over every time we get it.All speculations will come to fruition soon enough.I find it humorous that sooo many are wondering "what we got" South Pitt has loaded up in the off season and everyone is worried about little Ole Greenback.We are young and if we can compete with the schedule we have as young as we are we may be pretty good for a few years.This year will be the learning curve for the younguns.This is the first time in YEARS I have no idea what we look like.We will be big and fairly quick at all positions so we shall see!

SP seems to have benefitted quite a bit in the offseason.  Also think you're area has more to offer.

13 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Being the dunce I am, I threw a few picks out there, and was surprised to see over 60% picked Greenback this week. With the exception of South Pitt, this season is about to go down like March Madness, I'm afraid. :roflol:

I thought I read Loudon returns 8 or 9 on both sides of the ball so whoever that 60% is will be upset in a few hours.Dont know how you could pick against a 3A semi final team that returns 80% over a 1A team that returns 4.

Just now, orngnblk said:

I thought I read Loudon returns 8 or 9 on both sides of the ball so whoever that 60% is will be upset in a few hours.Dont know how you could pick against a 3A semi final team that returns 80% over a 1A team that returns 4.

Agreed. 38% for Loudon. I'm assuming lots of Cherokee fans hitting The Big Ones this year. 

Just now, orngnblk said:

I'm with you, this don't look like a very even game. Louden was a really good 3a team. Sure won't be any shame to lose this one.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

I'm with you, this don't look like a very even game. Louden was a really good 3a team. Sure won't be any shame to lose this one.

Not worried one bit these first two WARM up games.We need to be hit in the mouth by some good teams to prepare for the real season!Region wins is what I'm looking for,I hate to lose but these big schools can actually scrimmage each other in practice WE CANT!These are our scrimmage games to learn what we are.