South Gibson at Lexington

tigerpride22

SGC looked pretty good in their inter-squad scrimmage. We are a VERY young team. I think the game will be decided with special teams. If that is the case I absolutely select SGC to win the contest. Stidham always has his kids ready for special teams. I think this game, like all others is going to be really sloppy with several big mistakes. No one really knows at this point what anyone has or doesn't have. 

No jamboree, not a lot of normal preseason stuff. 

I know that we have a small senior class, but we have some boys that can play ball. 

Honestly, I am just glad we are about to get to watch some dang meaningful football!!! 

4 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

I was told this game was cancelled because SGC has a player with COVID and a good chunk of the team is quarantined until next week. Assuming that's true, it's a win for the Tigers and a "no contest" for the Hornets.

They talked about this on the radio yesterday. Said the boy was a freshman and contracted it over the weekend. Supposedly he had not been home playing with the varsity squad so no one needed to be quarantined and will not effect the game taking place. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

5 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

SGC looked pretty good in their inter-squad scrimmage. We are a VERY young team. I think the game will be decided with special teams. If that is the case I absolutely select SGC to win the contest. Stidham always has his kids ready for special teams. I think this game, like all others is going to be really sloppy with several big mistakes. No one really knows at this point what anyone has or doesn't have. 

No jamboree, not a lot of normal preseason stuff. 

I know that we have a small senior class, but we have some boys that can play ball. 

Honestly, I am just glad we are about to get to watch some dang meaningful football!!! 

If this game comes down to special teams then Lexington has it in the bag. Their kick returner and kicker are both 3 and 4 year starters, seniors and pre-season all state selections. Expect to see a lot of kickoffs and punts returned with effect or choose to kick away from #1. Expect the kickoffs from Lexington to be  through the back of the end zone. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, OldSkyhawk said:

If this game comes down to special teams then Lexington has it in the bag. Their kick returner and kicker are both 3 and 4 year starters, seniors and pre-season all state selections. Expect to see a lot of kickoffs and punts returned with effect or choose to kick away from #1. Expect the kickoffs from Lexington to be  through the back of the end zone. 

Fair, I had forgotten about the big legs Lexington had.