Waverly vs Huntingdon

vandyfan1

Last week as expected was a rough night for the mustangs. I was proud to see us not give up after being down 14-0 and eventually leading the game in the second half. Our offense is going to struggle for a while. 
I thought our defense played a heck of a game. Seeing as how our offense have McKenzie a short field a majority of the game. 
With that being said I see Waverly being very similar to McKenzie. We can’t allow them to go up 14-0.  I really hope we give the ball to tayshawn rivers a little more. Could provide a spark to our offense that we obviously need. 
kicking game is non existent, gotta score and go for 2 every time , hurt us when we don’t convert that as seen Friday night. 
our seniors are going to have to grow up fast and realize that it is now their time to have the game on their shoulders. Great group of kids and wish them the best. 

Huntingdon 30

waverly - 28

On 8/22/2020 at 1:28 PM, Croppygenius said:

The Tigers may beat the crap out of the Mustangs, I don't know but I wouldn't put a lot of faith in that lopsided victory over Camden. Our middle school has beat the pants off Camden the last few years. If the Lions have got much talent I don't know where it came from !

Just curious, but how much do you invest into the middle school program based off wins and losses? Not throwing a shot at you or anything, but you do put a lot of emphasis on middle school compared to other posters.

3 hours ago, MustangGuru said:

Last week as expected was a rough night for the mustangs. I was proud to see us not give up after being down 14-0 and eventually leading the game in the second half. Our offense is going to struggle for a while. 
I thought our defense played a heck of a game. Seeing as how our offense have McKenzie a short field a majority of the game. 
With that being said I see Waverly being very similar to McKenzie. We can’t allow them to go up 14-0.  I really hope we give the ball to tayshawn rivers a little more. Could provide a spark to our offense that we obviously need. 
kicking game is non existent, gotta score and go for 2 every time , hurt us when we don’t convert that as seen Friday night. 
our seniors are going to have to grow up fast and realize that it is now their time to have the game on their shoulders. Great group of kids and wish them the best. 

Huntingdon 30

waverly - 28

I watched what was posted on nfhs (which wasn't a full game). Honestly by the players on the field there seemed to be a considerable size difference in McKenzie's favor, there also seemed to be an advantage in speed that went to the Rebs. Of course they had more experience as well considering the class Huntingdon just lost. With all those combined factors you'd figure Huntingdon would've lost by 20+ but that's a gritty team y'all have over there. I'd wouldn't say I'd be happy with the loss but the future is bright, you can definitely take more positives out of that game than negatives. Rivers could be a Mr Football type player one day. 

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Just curious, but how much do you invest into the middle school program based off wins and losses? Not throwing a shot at you or anything, but you do put a lot of emphasis on middle school compared to other posters.

I get where he coming from but middle school isn't always the best gauge. My 8th grade year we only lost 2 games by a combined 4 points. My senior year we were 1-9. Kids move off, mentalities can change and decide they don't want to play anymore. A lot can happen 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I get where he coming from but middle school isn't always the best gauge. My 8th grade year we only lost 2 games by a combined 4 points. My senior year we were 1-9. Kids move off, mentalities can change and decide they don't want to play anymore. A lot can happen 

Totally agree 

3 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

That’s where building a program comes in. We support these kids from youth  ball through middle school and up through high school years. The middle school has ran the same type offense as HS for several years now. 

6 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Our youth and middle school.programs are top notch. Middle school are very well coached. Probably haven't lost 5 games in the last 10 years. Our kids are seasoned players when they arrive in high school. For me I love watching these kids develop. I watch all their games from 7th grade on. Heck I probably go to as many basketball games as anybody in west Tennessee. I love it